Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Future Music...
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Future Music...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hipfreejazz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:48 am    Post subject: Future Music... Reply with quote

On one of the recent GW episodes, you mentioned that you were going to release new songs one at a time instead of taking four or five years to do another record. That's a great idea. What about jamming with the guys and then creating compositions based on the jams like you did with TT?

You also stated that you love playing with Deron but can't afford to play in a quartet. What about a trio of guitar, keys, and drums, like Scofield, Goldings, and DeJohnette? BTW, have you seen this performance of Deron with Josh Smith? Tasteful playing...
https://youtu.be/74d4q86gcJM

I'm enjoying People Mover. My favorite tracks are Transatlantic and Blue Heron Boulevard. When you return to touring, which tunes off of People Mover will you be playing? When I saw you at the Bunkhouse, I think you played People Mover and Happy Fun-Sing.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've changed my mind about releasing one song at a time. Our band is about playing live together, so getting them here to LA just to record one song isn't practical. However I like the jamming idea - I wouldn't do it for a whole record like TT, but maybe a few tunes.

I'm not a big fan of bands without a bass player, and I'd never lock a great keyboard player like Deron into playing bass, especially on a long term project like an album or tour. Besides, the fans love Romain!

I don't know which People Mover tunes we'll play - my main focus is on new tunes so we can start playing them on the road and get ready to record another album ASAP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: