Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Jeff Beck
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Jeff Beck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mylaa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject: Jeff Beck Reply with quote

Hi Scott, You've spoken highly of jeff in the past. for me he was someone who eschewed the excesses of the r'n'r lifestyle and didn't rest on his past or go overtly commercial. His death was pretty surprising to me given his lifestyle but, like Mike Brecker, I was glad I, for the most part, followed every path he took musically. Any thoughts on incorporating one of his compositions in your live shows (ala HBC)? would love to hear your take on goodbye pork pie hat or superstition
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't cover a Jeff Beck song because I could never play it as good! We sure lost one of the greats, but he lived a full life and he was the only rock guitarist of his generation who stayed away from drugs and was playing better as an old man than he did in his youth. He was a role model for all musicians, both personally and musically.
Petar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Jeff Beck Reply with quote

mylaa wrote:
Hi Scott, You've spoken highly of jeff in the past. for me he was someone who eschewed the excesses of the r'n'r lifestyle and didn't rest on his past or go overtly commercial. His death was pretty surprising to me given his lifestyle but, like Mike Brecker, I was glad I, for the most part, followed every path he took musically. Any thoughts on incorporating one of his compositions in your live shows (ala HBC)? would love to hear your take on goodbye pork pie hat or superstition

Wayne Shorter passed away too.

- George Carlin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: