Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - The Jazz dock gig at Prague
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

The Jazz dock gig at Prague

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:04 pm    Post subject: The Jazz dock gig at Prague Reply with quote

Hello Mrs.Henderson,

I would like to thank you again for the great gesture of putting me on the guest list so i can see the gig, because it was sold out.
And thanks for signing my strat! That guitar will now forever be on the wall.
I'll never touch it again Very Happy

I really liked the new music and am looking forward to listening to it more.
When you played the big wave, i couldn't believe it.
I grew up listening to those Tribal Tech records and it felt unbelievable that i am listening to the real guy, arguably the greatest jazz fusion guitarist of all time, along with Holdsworth, play it live.

I never stick my phone out at concerts because i want to enjoy the experience and not hold up a phone, like an idiot and i also heard in one of your interviews that you hate it too, so even though some completely incredible things happened, i resisted to get my phone out.

Your improvisation on face first was so good, that its like it was a composition of itself.

Your guys on bass and drums are great and the polish girl who played harmony on couple of tunes did a great job. Sorry, i forgot her name.

So, thank you for the amazing experience.
I don't know to end with a downer or something but i missed hearing keyboards.
Maybe because i am so used to listening to you with Scott Kinsey?

- George Carlin
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you enjoyed the gig Petar. It wasn't my idea to play those Tribal Tech songs - Romain and Archie wanted to play them because we wanted to have more music so we didn't have to play the same tunes every night. I have to admit it was fun to play them again after such a long time. Lina Mastalska is the other guitarist - she did a great job learning those difficult keyboard parts.
fusion58

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Wish I could have attended that show.

The live/trio version of "Rituals" (c. the John Humphrey/Kirk era) still knocks my socks off every time I hear it. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: