Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Someone please HELP! NEED SOME ADVICE ON EQUIPMENT - please
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Someone please HELP! NEED SOME ADVICE ON EQUIPMENT - please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob dullam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Someone please HELP! NEED SOME ADVICE ON EQUIPMENT - please Reply with quote

Have been spinning my wheels a bit buying, and trading gear. I am trying to re-create Scott H's tone as a starting point, but I have to do this on a much smaller budget than buying the exact gear Scott has. i.e. what would low-end Scott gear consist of. Right now I have a Jimmy Vaughn signature strat, and a Marshall DSL 401, and a 59 fender bassman rei-issue. Want desparately to get the sound that scott uses on "Dog Party" off the live album during the solo. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks all. If there is any previous disscussion on this, could someone point me to it. thanks again.
steev05

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi man, i would usually answer "look for your own tone instead of trying to get someone else's" but in this case i agree Dog Party is a huge inspiration for both music ans guitar tone!
i actually worked mine out of that album.
i got the 2.90 mesa power amp and the custom audio 3+se (recently modified by john suhr) and with the chanel 2 you're there! + RC Booster and V60lp's on a good strat and the last thing to get would be scott's fingers, touch, feeling and ideas but unfortunately event at tone merchants it's not for sale.

the best advice i could give is to save money and buy a custom audio otherwise from what you have, put some suhr V60lp on your strat, get a RC Booster and a good tube screamer (not Ibanez TS 9) go for a maxon or one modified by analog man (silver mod) it's a good start if you wanna get this juicy strat sound for less than $500
steev05

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way, i think Scott was using a matchless amp on Dog Party and the CAA 3+SE on tore down house....i don't remember but it's on his web site.
the CAA3+ can get close the Matchless dough..
try Bad Cat amps also...
bob dullam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for responding. After the last post, I got rid of my vaughn strat due to the 60 cycle hum thing when I cranked the marshall. It was really bad. I came across a new fender Deluxe players that has noisless pickups, and what an improvement. Tone is pretty good too.
I will check out those Matchless amps. I also want to see if I can find a used cab with greenback 25's that I can tag onto the dsl400. Wish I had unlimited cash, but to get a new this or that I have either sell, or trade what I have.
Want to check out that power booster, I saw the mpeg of scott demoing it. It definatly adds.
Of course will never get an exact S.H. sound, but his tone being my fav., it's a starting point. Although I've been playing since I was 10, and am now 53, I've been away from electric guitar for a few years, and am sort of re-inventing myself. If anyone actually knows Scott, tell him Tony Lavender from Florida says Hello (drummer).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: