Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - some questions
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

some questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singlecoil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: some questions Reply with quote

hi scott,

thank you for your time. i love your music and hope to see you soon in vienna. now to my questions.

i know that you are using the boss rc looper to listen and adjust your (PA) tone if necessary when preparing for a live show.
since the pedal is not true bypass i guess the pedal will only stay on your board as long as you don't find a better one.
with that in mind, did you have a chance to check out the tc electronic ditto looper. is so, what is your opinion?

would you say, that due to the fact that you can have a true singlecoil tone without any hum, your guitar tone has in general become more overdriven?

Have you tried the the suhr corso recording amp?

Do you actually ever find time to listen to some good old blues/rock stuff and get surprised over and over again how good
the tone is? any particular artists/songs? i'm always blown away by jimi’s "who knows" tone.

have you seen the bbc joe zawinul documentary "A musical portrait"? It must have been great to have known this man personally.
there is a scene where he visits the house where he grew up in vienna und tells a story about killing rats in his building.
this is some funny shit, you have to see it.

take care and thanks again scott.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried any other loop pedals. It's not something I'm interested in using live.

I used single coils on Well To The Bone, and there's a lot of cleaner tones on that record because the tunes are more bluesy. On Tribal Tech X and HBC the tones are probably more overdriven because I'm doing more horn-like legato playing and need the extra gain.

I haven't heard the Corso yet. In a few more weeks he'll have one for me to try.

Yes, I often listen to my blues rock heroes in my car - Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple, Jeff Beck - I never get tired of the playing or the tones.

I haven't seen that documentary yet but it's on my to do list - I'm sure it's great. Working with Joe was one of the best experiences in my life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: