Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Boss SE70
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Boss SE70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nigel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Boss SE70 Reply with quote

Hi Scott...thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with us!
I got a question about the SE70. I just got one on Ebay...it's in good condition and works well. I built some patches that you posted (for reverb, the "Nairobe Express" ring mod sound etc.) and they sound really nice and...well quiet, without lots of noise. But when I use your multi tap delay patch, there is a clearly noticable hum. I already read that the SE70 isn't the quietest of all FX...but Confused To give you more insight: I use the SE70 in the parallel effects loop of my BRUNETTI Mercury 50 head...in the SE70 all direct signal is 0...the wet signal 100. So finally my questions:

1. Is your SE70 also noisy depending on which patch you chose?
2. Is that the reason you use the MiniMix and accordingly will the noise be less or disappear when I'd use a mixer?
3. Is the "basic noise" of the SE70 the reason for you to say "without a mixer the SE70 ruins your tone"...or are there other reasons?

Thanks in advance...hope to see/meet you in October with Dennis and Jeff!

Greetings,
Thorsten aka nigel
kirk95
StarShip Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SE-70 should't hum unless there's a ground problem. I've had problems with mine in Europe when running it off a cheap 200 to 110 transformer.

It doesn't make sense that one patch would hum and others don't, so I'll assume you're talking about hiss, which is a completely different noise. The multi-tap delay will definitely give you more hiss than other patches because it's just the nature of that particular patch.

The mini mixer has nothing to do with noise. It's purpose is to keep the dry sound transparent. If you run your dry signal through the SE-70, or any multi-FX unit, it won't create noise, but it will make your tone noticeably thinner sounding.

If you're having a problem with hum, make sure the SE-70 is getting enough voltage.
nigel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info...I'll check it out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: