Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Vertex Boost
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Vertex Boost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yusstyna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Vertex Boost Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

I just read that you really lie the Vertex boost. Will you be using it in your live set up? Did you try it with the expression pedal as well?

Thanks!
W.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vertex Boost sounds quite different than the RC Booster. It has more bass, and in my situation, that's a good thing for the studio but a bad thing on stage. I use a 4x12 sitting on the floor with no wheels. I have all the bass I need and more, so the Vertex Boost doesn't work as well as the RC for my live setup. In the studio, it sounds huge and I'm sure I'll use it a lot, and I'll use my RC too, depending on what the song needs. I also have a Vemuram Jan Ray which has more mids than the other pedals, and a Lovepedal COT 50 which has a cool vintage type tone. Lots of colors to choose from!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, forgot your other question - I don't need a volume control before the amp. My volume controls are in the amp FX loop - I like to be able to change the volume without affecting the gain.
Yusstyna

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Scott!

Does this mean you are always using a boost pedal when recording?

Thanks,
W.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it depends on the song. I use Boost pedals mainly for playing chords and low gain bluesy solos. Blues playing requires dynamics - boost pedals are less compressed, but they're compressed enough to make chords sound more even. I use pedals with more gain and compression like the SD-9 when I want a more legato horn-like sound.
Yusstyna

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott,

Thanks so much for your answers!

Does that mean that you are always using a pedal of sorts when recording or are there times that its your guitar straight into an amp?

Also, have you tried the Vertex cables?

Thanks again!

All the best,
W.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I go straight into the amp is when I'm doing the chord pads, with multi-tap delays, chorus and volume pedal. That sound needs to be totally clean.

I haven't tried the Vertex cables - I have an endorsement with Xotic and use their cable, which is actually Mogami 2524.
Kelly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As has been shown at TGP, Vertex cable is Belden and the connectors are Neutrik. His wah pedals are unmoddded, relabled BBE. His volume pedals are stock Boss pedals with the tuner out disabled. The guy is a scammer, and the pros endorsing his stuff should check out what Mason is really up to!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've read my posts on the Gear Page, you know I've already commented on this. I know the volume pedal is a Boss with a few circuits removed, but it makes the pedal sound much better and that's all I care about. If he's telling his customers that the mod is more than it is, he should apologize. I don't know anything about the wah, other than I tried it and didn't like it. If it’s a stolen BBE pedal, he should apologize for that too. He should remove my photo from the wah page if he hasn't already. He recently gave me a boost pedal which I love. It sounds much different than my RC Booster, which gives me another color to work with on my new album.

Mason’s dealings with his customers are none of my business. He’s been totally professional with me, and as I stated publicly, the only two issues I had a problem with are: I think he should've left the Boss name on the volume pedal and used a “modded by Vertex” sticker instead, and I asked him to re-word his ad about my version of the volume pedal, which he did.

Last edited by Scott Henderson on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: