Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - LA gigs & NAMM?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

LA gigs & NAMM?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tribalfusion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: LA gigs & NAMM? Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

Do you have any info on where and when you might be playing in LA in December and January and are you doing anything at/around NAMM this year?

Do you play anywhere besides the Baked Potato these days? What was the place you played with Rufus Philpot where you are seated in a few videos?

Thanks!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at NAMM this year, most hanging around the Xotic booth. I'm playing the Friday night of NAMM at Baked Potato. Sometimes I play at Alva's Showroom on Saturday, but not this time.

The video with Rufus is from a restaurant gig on Sunset Blvd - we played there weekly for a few months, but the owner couldn't afford live music anymore.
tribalfusion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
I'll be at NAMM this year, most hanging around the Xotic booth. I'm playing the Friday night of NAMM at Baked Potato. Sometimes I play at Alva's Showroom on Saturday, but not this time.

The video with Rufus is from a restaurant gig on Sunset Blvd - we played there weekly for a few months, but the owner couldn't afford live music anymore.

Thanks very much Scott. Will you be playing anywhere in LA between now and NAMM as well?

On another note, would you prefer to have a weekly or semi-weekly gig like what Stern does at the 55 Bar in NYC?

I remember when you also used to play at La Ve Lee more regularly too; does LA offer something comparable for you or is it also that you are in a different place in terms of your preferences now?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to play every week in town but unfortunately La Ve Lee was the last place in LA where I could do that. The only weekly gigs I know of in LA are in restaurants where you have to play softer than the sound of the silverware, and they pay next to nothing. I can't play places like Baked Potato every week because admission is so expensive.

It's OK, I tour a lot and when I'm home I should be composing.
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a real shame Scott. I know you know Eef Albers, he doesn't play live anymore at all! He doesn't see any reason to play with fine musicians, if they'd agree to play with him for tip money in the first place, while the audience keeps talking through the music.

It's exactly like the joke: What would a musician do if he won the lottery? Gig untill the money is all gone.
tribalfusion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
I'd love to play every week in town but unfortunately La Ve Lee was the last place in LA where I could do that. The only weekly gigs I know of in LA are in restaurants where you have to play softer than the sound of the silverware, and they pay next to nothing. I can't play places like Baked Potato every week because admission is so expensive.

It's OK, I tour a lot and when I'm home I should be composing.

Thanks very much Scott. So between now and the end of January the only show scheduled in LA is for the 3rd week of January I assume? Do you generally play the Baked Potato 2 times a year or does that number also vary?

By the way do you ever sit in with Bruce or John Pisano or anyone else when home in LA?

Cheers
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NAMM Baked Potato gig is the only LA gig I have until ???. I usually play there two or three times a year.

I sit in on John Pisano's guitar night, usually once a year - he has quite a big list of guys who do it.

I know that sounds lame, but I like the off periods between tours ,when I hear myself play 20 to 30 nights in a row. No one should be subjected to that. I really need the off time to switch to composing mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: