Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Partspipe vs Klon KTR
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Partspipe vs Klon KTR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
remigiozampa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Partspipe vs Klon KTR Reply with quote

Hey Scott!

I have a couple of doubts regarding Klon pedal versions

Did you find, over the time, something wrong on the KTR version respect to the original one? I read on this forum you thought the first version of KTR sounded terrible but after trying a new one (after Bill changed the company) you said the new KTR nails the old Silver Klon.

On your recent post about the Partspipe (which i'm dying to try, by the way!)
you said the Partspipe leaves all the clones in the dust and said the KTR sounds nothing like the original and it's better not to waste your time with it. Did you change your mind respect to the KTR after all this time using it recording? What characteristic of the KTR made you change your opinion radically, after all this time and favour the Partspipe better?

Thanks!!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I heard the first version of the KTR I was shocked - it was terrible sounding. After that I heard a few of the other more popular ones like Archer and thought they were a bit better, but not as good as the original. When I heard the second version of the KTR, it sounded the closest to the original and I liked it enough to recommend it. Keep in mind that I never used it on an album, and that's when I get extremely anal about tone.

When I heard the Partspipe, it sounded much better than the KTR, and at that point I was working on this new album People Mover, so I was A/B testing them. I was surprised when the Partspipe not only sounded better than the KTR, but better than my original Klon. I recorded tracks with both and decided to go with the Partspipe because it simply sounds more musical. The bass is tighter and speaks better, and the top end is smoother sounding with less annoying frequencies.

They're both equally as fat, and they both sound great if you're not comparing one to another in an A/B test. But I sure wouldn't advise anyone to pay ridiculous prices for an original when you can get a Partspipe for less than 200 bucks.
percyguitar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Scott for explaining how the Partspipe compares to the KTR and the original Klon!!!

As I guess MOST of us don’t have an original Klon at home to A/B it, and to really compare them it’s best to do it in a professional studio and record some tracks. Scott did that for us in his studio:-)

When making (or cloning) the Klon, my friends Li Wen and Zhao Jian had a few original Klons at their place borrowed from some friends. After they made the Partspipe they had some blindfolded tests and none of us can tell the difference. I guess because Scott used it in his studio for recording and his amp was turned REALLY LOUD!!! So he can tell the Partspipe’s bass frequency is tighter and the high frequency is “sweeter”...

cheers,
Percy
remigiozampa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scott and Percy! Very Happy
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine yesterday, i love it! Luckily enough i have a medium board that got less and less crowded over the last two years so i have enough room for it. I use it with my channel switcher amp on both channels. Channel 1 is set real clean and with the Klone on it gets some decent hair and lead boost. The dirty channel is set to crunch and the Klone pushes it for leads.

I AB'd the Klone's buffer with the RCv2 in unity (gain zero; volume, treble and bass at noon). Wow, i like the buffer even better.

Thanks Scott and Percy!
percyguitar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter_heijnen wrote:
I got mine yesterday, i love it! Luckily enough i have a medium board that got less and less crowded over the last two years so i have enough room for it. I use it with my channel switcher amp on both channels. Channel 1 is set real clean and with the Klone on it gets some decent hair and lead boost. The dirty channel is set to crunch and the Klone pushes it for leads.

I AB'd the Klone's buffer with the RCv2 in unity (gain zero; volume, treble and bass at noon). Wow, i like the buffer even better.

Thanks Scott and Percy!

Wow, thanks for sharing!!!!!! I am happy you love it Smile

cheers,
Percy
Mojolang

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Is there a link to order the pp Klon?
percyguitar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojolang wrote:
Hi,

Is there a link to order the pp Klon?

Hi Mojolang:

There are two eBay links for the Partspipe Klon,
Choose the one depending on where you live:

For US buyers only:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-Guitar-Overdrive-Boost-Effects-Pedal-Clone-Completed-1-1/392235925434?pageci=94b8c1da-b7fb-4c52-b180-5c868f8d14b1&epid=2271388698&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0U

For international buyers (outside the US):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333140352482

Thank you again!!! Please use the above links and contact the seller and then use the “Make Offer” button and enter $160USD...

***** VERY IMPORTANT ****
When you contact the seller / Make Offer, you MUST tell them you are a friend of Scott Henderson and Percy Laws to get this discount price, otherwise they will still charge you $239.99USD and refuse to let you Make Offer. This discount price is ONLY for Scott Henderson’s fans / friends

There are 4 looks of the pedal, they all sound the same,
exactly like the one Scott is using Smile

1) Gold
2) Gold with Horsie
3) Silver
4) Silver with Horsie
Contact the seller (my friend Li Wen or his staffs)

cheers,
Percy Laughing
Mojolang

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The item appears to be out of stock
percyguitar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojolang wrote:
The item appears to be out of stock

Yes, their US warehouse is out of stock for the next 3 weeks... but you can still contact my friends with the eBay seller and they will tell you what to do... there are more pedals but they will ship them from China. It only takes around 7days to get to anywhere worldwide.

cheers,
Percy
Chickentonight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry this is little bit of topic, but what do you guys think about stacking an rc booster and a soul food together to simulate a klon? I'd presume you'd get more fat to the sound with correct rc booster settings. Would this two pedal configuration be enough close approximation to the real klon sound?

Asking this, because I really don't want to get any more pedals, but make the existing ones work as good as they can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: