Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - OD-100, SD-9 old rig
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

OD-100, SD-9 old rig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
remigiozampa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject: OD-100, SD-9 old rig Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

I saw you live a couple of times many years ago, probably around 2003 or 2004 in Spain, and your incredible live tone stuck in my head since then Smile
I remember you were using the OD-100. Can you tell me about that rig?
Did you use the channel 2 of that amp or just the clean channel with your SD-9?
Right now, i have a PT-100 and the clean channel with SD-9 and other pedals sound great with single coil guitars but i didn't have too much luck with the distortion channel and single coils. Sounds great with humbuckers, though.
If you can telle me about your setup back in the day would be great, since i guess the tone would be different than your new Suhr model.

Thanks!!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My rig hasn't changed since you saw me play - I'm still using the OD-100 Classic+ and the same pedals, mainly the RC Booster and SD-9. The OD-100 I use sounds nothing like the PT-100, which in my opinion is a high gain amp, and when I tried it I didn't have much luck using pedals with it. It works great for Pete though, and he gets great tones for his style. Suhr still sells the OD-100 but it's a special order item, and the PT-100 might be too, because less people are buying 100 watt amps. My SH-100 is a one channel amp which is basically the crunch channel of the OD-100, which is the only channel I use. I use the SH-100 for gigs at home and my OD-100 is in Europe for gigs there.

Hope that helps!
remigiozampa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, that OD-100 is an EL-34 right? In theory the clean channel on PT-100 and OD-100 should sound at least in the same ballpark, since both have EL-34 on the power amp, but if understand well you use your pedals on the channel 2 (crunch) of OD-100 is that correct?

Thanks!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's an EL-34 amp. I wouldn't know about the clean channel since I never use it. I use the crunch channel only, with pedals.
remigiozampa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All clear to me! You use those pedals in the same way you would use an old Plexi Thanks Scott!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: