Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Red Bear Picks
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Red Bear Picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
countandduke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTHING wrong with your tone AT ALL Scott. 😃
No disrespect intended.

Best,
Chris
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just kidding Chris - I'm always open to suggestions and I try new stuff sometimes (like picks) even though it's unlikely I'll change what I'm using. "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

I played a Strat and a 100 watt Marshall when I was 16, and if I had lived by that rule I would've had better tone through my career.
Chickentonight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picks do really make a huge difference. I for example used to play with those pointy jazz III picks. Now when I try to play with them, they first of all feel very ankward and second, they sound really bad. Those big triangle fender bass picks is where it's at. Buy one and you get three picks to scratch strings with, and they sound really fat.
pbognar

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
Definitely a badass. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qBV7dPJaMw

God dammit! When I was that age I couldn't get through Brown Sugar without making mistakes. Get out of my fucking yard you kids!! Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing - Hilarious

I was trying to learn the chords to Havona and stumbled across this kid
- holy fuck. Maybe we can console ourselves by hoping he can't write or improvise...

If I were starting out again, in hindsight, I would learn to play without a pick.
Thanasis

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matteo is a great player. I dont know if he had lessons with Scott but he has the mentality like he has been taught by Scott (in person). He has sure learned from Scott and many others by transcription.
ItAllanLover

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanasis wrote:
Matteo is a great player. I dont know if he had lessons with Scott but he has the mentality like he has been taught by Scott (in person). He has sure learned from Scott and many others by transcription.

Matteo's father, the one who comps for him, is a veteran pro guitarist that's been playing in the main orchestras for the main TV channel in Italy his whole life, so Matteo's been breathing guitar since he was a child.
Thanasis

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Italy has great players and the tradition keeps going. It is amazing to see him getting better and better. He can sure go traditional jazz with the "appropriate" vocabulary but then, on the other hand the Holdsworth tribute he did as well... Really nice stuff, and I heard some of Scott's vocabulary in there, which always makes me happy.

pbognar, similar thing happened to me with Havona. I wanted to play the bass notes with the sus chords at the beginning, couldn't make it happen. The only thing that worked was the Esus4 chord combined with the Drop D string just before the ride comes in the A section. Then I see Matteo, thought "okay I just can't, Lusitanos next". It's been a month and I still can't figure out why F,E,D,C,B top notes over a C# pedal.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: