Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Music in dreams
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Music in dreams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camxcns

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Music in dreams Reply with quote

Hi Scott! First, let me just extend a sincere "thank you" for what you do and have done throughout your career. Your music has inspired me tremendously (and continues to do so every time I listen), and the work you've contributed truly makes the world a far more beautiful and enjoyable place. So thanks man! Smile

Ok, so my question might seem strange, but here it is nonetheless: have you ever had any music come to you in a dream that you actually used in a song? I'm assuming all of us musicians dream about music a lot, but I was just wondering if you've ever actually turned any dream-music ideas into real songs on real records. I have heard of other artists having these experiences and I was curious as to whether you were among them.

Thanks!

Cameron
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's happened to me a few times, but only when I'm in writing mode and doing it every day. Chick Corea told me he dreamed of an intro to one of his tunes - it was a fast two octave diminished run. A dream for him, a nightmare for me to have to learn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: