Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Soldering and other question
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Soldering and other question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anak_saili

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Soldering and other question Reply with quote

Hi Scott, I have ask xotic abot your the soldering of your custom cable , and they said that it use use regular solder instead silver soldering.

1. Do you ever use silver soldering when you soldering anything (cables, potenzio, jacks etc) ?

2.can you feel the differences between regular vs silver soldering ?
many people say it better but some other says it just Hype

3. what brand and type of tin u use when u soldering?

4.u have answer in earlier post u use mogami gold studio mic cables, and in the mogami websites says the cable is 2534 Quad star cable , do you have any particular reason use quad cables instead 2 conductors mic cables like 2549 (Gold stage mic cables)?

5. When I saw you twice Live in Jakarta u use 90 degrees (switchcraft 226?) plug at front (input) of your amp? do you have any reason why u use 90 degrees plug instead straight plug ?

6. Are your daughter ask you to teach her guitar ?Cool i'm imagine if she have great interest in jazz/fusion/ blues guitar i think someday she will be a really great2 guitarist because he have one the greatest musician as a father and great2 teacher Cool

THX Scott

again sorry for my BAD, BAD English
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never compared different kinds of solder - I just use what they recommend at my electronics store.

I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I've always been told that 2 conductor cable is better for guitar, and 4 conductor is better for microphones.

I use a 90 degree plug into my amp just to keep it from sticking out, which makes it easier for people to trip on the cord. No sound difference.

My daughter is a classical pianist, and a good one! She has no interest in guitar, so it's nice to have a smart kid. Smile
anak_saili

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My daughter is a classical pianist, and a good one! She has no interest in guitar, so it's nice to have a smart kid. Smile"

Well I hope someday when she grow older and realizes how great her father is , she will insists you teach her your deepest mysteries/secret "how to be one of the most AMAZING and Melodic Improviser/ Composer the World" that you'll never revealed to anyone else in the whole world. Well.............. except your own kid

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: