Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Hendrix & tone
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Hendrix & tone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markjklawrence

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Hendrix & tone Reply with quote

Dear Cap'n,

I read something interesting the other day regarding Hendrix's back pickup... that the fact he used a right-handed guitar upside down meant that the pickup treble side was higher than the bass side. I wondered whether you'd experimented with that yourself?

I hope you can make it to the UK sometime soon!

Incidentally, have you tried gear made by Sonuus? They do a very nice programmable wah pedal called the 'Wahoo' amongst other things.

All the best,
Mark
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that's why Hendrix used his neck pickup much more than the bridge pickup. Fender built it that way for a reason - the reversal doesn't sound that great, because it makes the high strings woofy and less defined, and takes bass away from the low strings. John Suhr loaned me a testing guitar with elongated pickup screw holes, so I could slide the bridge pickup up and down on the pick guard - I thought it sounded the best exactly where Fender put it.

Sorry, I've never heard the Sonuus gear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: