Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - 1st set blues
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

1st set blues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dizzy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: 1st set blues Reply with quote

Scott
Does it take you a few songs before you start playing your best at gigs?
I always take about 4 songs before things start feeling right and I was wondering if this is something you deal with.

As always thanks for your time Scott
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I play my best on the first tune and suck for the rest of the night. Just kidding.

The truth is, I'm not sure we're aware in an accurate way how good or bad we're playing when we're in the moment. I've felt like I wasn't playing well, but heard a recording of the gig a few days later and changed my mind. And vice versa.

Bottom line - don't think about it. Don't judge yourself and just play to have fun. If you make it into something more serious, your inner judge comes out, which makes you nervous and has you second guessing every musical decision you make. That kills creativity faster than anything.

I'm convinced that the best way to play music is to walk on stage with a true, or even exaggerated sense of confidence. A feeling that even your mistakes are great. Then you won't have a worry in the world and you'll play your best.
dizzy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scott. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: