Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Holy Scientologist Crap!!!
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Holy Scientologist Crap!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
countandduke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Holy Scientologist Crap!!! Reply with quote

Watching a documentary on Scientology and L. R. Hubbard! This guy is/was a giant douchebag! He and a friend were trying to find a woman that would agree to be the mother of the anti-Christ! He also took his daughter to Cuba and told his wife (child's mother) that he cut her into pieces and put the pieces in a river!

He said his medical conditions were all fixed due to the Scientology beliefs. His personal records from the military says he had a slight vision issue and some arthritis in his hip.

This is just NUTS!!! How do people follow this stuff!?

Awed,
Chris
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea - I guess if your life is fucked up enough, you'll buy into anything in the hopes of making it better. That's what religion is all about - it's mental medication for people who need it. That's why I'm able to be tolerant - I've never had a use for religion, but if others do, I don't try to change their beliefs. I only get angry when they try to change mine, or make religion part of our government.

Speaking of that, I think Christian extremists like Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee are far more dangerous than Scientologists - at least Scientologists believe in the separation of church and state, whereas these Christian nut cases are trying to get us back to the Crusades.

Scientology is simply a scam which cons weak minded people out of their money. Religious extremism in our political system hurts us all.
countandduke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that ANY type of "extremism" is not good. I DO happen to be a "Christian" and my core "Christian" beliefs are: be kind to one another, help others less fortunate than you, those that need the most "help" are usually the people that no one wants to hang with. For example, Jesus hung out with prostitutes, thieves, etc. Scientology can't really explain their core beliefs until you've been duped and brainwashed for quite a long time. BUT, as s "Christian", I also believe that you are entitled to YOUR opinion.

I've also read a lot of what the Dali Lama believes and he's cool in my book.

As a human race, we can be unbelievably cruel to each other and if we spent even HALF as much time trying to solve our differences as opposed to hating each other......

Rant over...

Peace.
Chris
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - I have many Christian friends and one who's a Scientologist. They've never tried to convert me, or make me feel uncomfortable with my beliefs (or lack of them). I'm not a hard core hater of religion - it's just not for me. I am however a hard core hater of extremists in any religion, including Christianity. When I see Christian "ministers" living in mansions and flying around in private jets while there are thousands of people out of work, it pisses me off. Those guys are every bit the con artists that Scientologists are - and the people who give them money are just as victimized.

Real Muslims go out of their way to denounce the extremists who have disgraced their faith - I wish real Christians made more of an effort to denounce the extremists who give them a bad name.

Start with Jerry Falwell Jr.
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind all that.. if there's not a cover of this on the next trio record I will be very upset:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iBccVAiyy8
Red Suede

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a Scientologist for many years. I've heard them all.......
I have some swampland available if anyone is interested. It has a couple of goldmines on it.....
countandduke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard what?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I feel a Christianity vs. Scientology debate coming but let's not do it here. As a wanna-be comedian, it's my job to make fun of religion since I think it's all bullshit.

Let's talk about pussy, which never causes any problems. Smile
eddievig

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,

Phil Degruy once wrote a blues based around a video of televengelist Robert Tilton speaking in tongues...it was pretty amazing, but I can't find it anywhere.

I know Phil is one of your favorites; I live right outside New Orleans and have been lucky enough to see him many times over the years- he's a great guy to boot. If you have trouble getting any of his releases, I can grab them here and send them out if you like.

As is everyone else on the board, I've been a huge fan since your earliest releases (on vinyl and VHS, even). Thanks for every note and all of the great tutelage.

Best,

Ed
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed, I have all of Phil's stuff - I'm a huge fan!

Robert Tilton is actually the farting preacher. I'd love to meet the person who so artfully crafted these videos - they've brought me much happiness. This pretty much sums up what I think of religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-JjaAh0NeU&feature=youtu.be
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
Hey guys, I feel a Christianity vs. Scientology debate coming but let's not do it here. As a wanna-be comedian, it's my job to make fun of religion since I think it's all bullshit.

This why I tried to steer this towards early Segel/Rogen..

right - we should be talking tail or making fun of speed picked harmonic minor.. if I don't get my fix of either daily.. well I am just a cad to be around.
hipfreejazz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:

Speaking of vag, do you have a favorite female guitarist and/or musician? This one digs blues rock...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx7cMk6x4g3k9GNcIN7lPfg

Also, where have you seen the hottest chicks who attended your performances? I saw a couple at Baked Potato and Alvas (they were there with their boyfriends). At your most recent Baked Potato gig, there was some older blonde who was yelling out stuff like "magnificent", "wonderful", "encore" (after you played the encore). I thought that was kind of funny. Is she your LA groupie?
countandduke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree, this forum isn't for that kind of debate. I certainly don't want ANYONES feelings hurt.

I'll give this a day or so and then I'll delete the thread if I can since I started it.

Best,

Chris
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to delete it Chris, no harm done at all. I don't mind talking about it, and I shouldn't have said "let's not do it here". This is an open forum and you guys are welcome to talk about anything you like. If religion comes into the conversation, I really don't mind.

If you look at the INDEX, the subject has come up before so this is nothing new. I have my point of view about it and I don't have the desire to hurt anyones feelings either, but all's fair when it comes to comedy. I'm sure you've seen roasts on Comedy Central - I love them and it's great to see people who have the balls to be horribly insulted and take it in fun. I don't mind being made fun of for being a total heathen, so religious people will have to deal with my shtick if they bring religion into my neighborhood.
dizzy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of comedy and making fun of ones self have you seen the movie "the aristocrats"?
I think Sarah Silverman won.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: