Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Pat Metheny
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Pat Metheny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HenryJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Pat Metheny Reply with quote

Whats up Scott?!

A new Utube vid popped up of Pat at MI talking really good about you and Frank Gamble - how you two are very important in the advancement of jazz and rock styles! You should check it out...
Ariel Ferreyrola

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pby1xiZQJFQ

min37
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I've seen that video and would've been there for the workshop, but I was on tour. Pat has said a lot of nice things about my playing in the press and that's a huge compliment from such a great musician. He's always been one of my favorite jazz guitarists.
HenryJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Pat says you're the man! You seem to be the top guy in this style w Oz Noy trailing right behind - speaking on harmonic skill set - but there must have been a reason why Chick liked your style then immediately Zaw liked you too, not to mention Miles at that time was inquiring. Scott rocks!!
criminel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video has been taken down.
Does anybody knows why?
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video was taken at Musician's Institute - legally it's their property. If someone from the school administration saw it, it's their job to file a DMCA and have it removed. I have a feeling that if Pat saw it, he'd remove it too. Although I had nothing to do with removing the video (because I'm not in it), personally I have no patience for people who think it's their right to post concerts/ workshops on YouTube without the permission of the musicians.
criminel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... I thought it was posted on the MI Youtube channel.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it was on their channel - if it was, it would still be there. It's a very famous concert and everyone was excited to see Pat play with Joe at our school - I'm surprised that it's not on the school's YouTube channel, but it's possible that they never got Pat's permission to use it.
TaeKwonDonut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw online estimate of Pat's net worth at $245 mil.. while that's probably in no way accurate, there has to be some basis.. I know he some gold records, but has he done that well? talk about having your cake and eating it too.. getting radio play for some of his stuff that smacks of smooth jazz and making some commercial dough, and getting to play legit with roy haynes, brecker etc..
countandduke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing an article from Pat that said he gigs like 200+ times a year! He said he doesn't do drugs and doesn't even drink wine. Sounds a little on the boring side but if he has invested wisely and wins a Grammy almost every single year, I would believe he's worth a LOT of money... 245M sounds a bit high but then again...

Chris
PetarDambovaliev

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

countandduke wrote:
I remember seeing an article from Pat that said he gigs like 200+ times a year! He said he doesn't do drugs and doesn't even drink wine. Sounds a little on the boring side but if he has invested wisely and wins a Grammy almost every single year, I would believe he's worth a LOT of money... 245M sounds a bit high but then again...

Chris

After i make a decent living and being able to take care of my family i don't care about money anymore.
On the side of logic i feel i have to comment anyway.
There is no way he made 245m in jazz. There is no way to make that money even in the popular bullshit music, let alone in jazz.
If he has 245m, 2m were made in jazz and 243m were made somewhere else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: