Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - 100th episode of guitarwank
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

100th episode of guitarwank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PetarDambovaliev

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: 100th episode of guitarwank Reply with quote

Could you get Kinsey and Kirk for guests on the 100th episode?
There seem to be a substantial amount of comedy around when you are talking about/to those guys. Kinsey's broken hand story was pretty funny and Kirk's visa issues as well.
I would pay 10 bucks for that rather than pay CBS for the new star trek Laughing [/code]
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me started on Star Trek... nope, too late.

So, they start a new series and charge people more than Netflix per month to watch it, and that's the ONLY new thing they have - all the rest of their lame shows are already on TV for free. Make any sense to anyone? Tumbleweeds...... didn't think so. Fuck CBS. If they were really behind their show, they wouldn't extort Star Trek fans - they'd sell it on iTunes for a fair price.

Yes, a podcast with Kinsey and Kirk would be hilarious. Kirk mainly lives in Austin but he has a place in LA too - I'll find out when he's in town again. I doubt if he'll be on #100 but we'll try to make it happen ASAP. We could bring the cardboard Willis too - doesn't talk much but it's funny.
Thanasis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The episodes with Kinsey were hilarious. Some pretty cool stories from my favourite band. The latest episode I guess was recorded a few months ago when you got the Klon.
Is the hundredth going to be the end of it?
PetarDambovaliev

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
Don't get me started on Star Trek... nope, too late.

So, they start a new series and charge people more than Netflix per month to watch it, and that's the ONLY new thing they have - all the rest of their lame shows are already on TV for free. Make any sense to anyone? Tumbleweeds...... didn't think so. Fuck CBS. If they were really behind their show, they wouldn't extort Star Trek fans - they'd sell it on iTunes for a fair price.

Yes, a podcast with Kinsey and Kirk would be hilarious. Kirk mainly lives in Austin but he has a place in LA too - I'll find out when he's in town again. I doubt if he'll be on #100 but we'll try to make it happen ASAP. We could bring the cardboard Willis too - doesn't talk much but it's funny.

Scott, why don't you guys make a patreon account for guitar wank?
Its monthly sponsorship and many people, including me, would pay monthly for extra guitarwank content.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what that extra content would be. We're not interested in any kind of teaching related material - we do too much of that already in my opinion. I don't think we have anything to offer other than ridiculously stupid conversation. If you can think of something, please email GuitarWank and we'll answer your letter on the show.
PetarDambovaliev

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
I'm not sure what that extra content would be. We're not interested in any kind of teaching related material - we do too much of that already in my opinion. I don't think we have anything to offer other than ridiculously stupid conversation. If you can think of something, please email GuitarWank and we'll answer your letter on the show.

Teaching, while a Nobel act, I can't benefit from your teaching because I do not have enough talent to achieve my goals.
So I am not really interested in the teaching aspect.

I think you and Bruce are hilarious and laugh more from guitarwank than a stand-up show.
Every Monday my colleagues at the office are wondering why I can't stop laughing.
fusion58

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanasis wrote:
The episodes with Kinsey were hilarious.

Yep.

The only un-funny moment came in the intro to the first episode when Troy didn't know Kinsey's first name and didn't seem to have a clue about Tribal Tech.

I mean, how the **** do you get to host a podcast with Scott Henderson as one of the stars and not know who Scott Kinsey is?

LOL. Laughing
Thanasis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott, just heard the Kinsey episodes again and I was wondering who this sax player over the single chord vamps was. Was it Tad Shull??
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Tavaglione - amazing musician. For playing really interesting ideas over one chord vamps, check out Chris Potter, Shamus Blake, Mark Turner - there are many other modern sax players who are great at it, but Steve is my favorite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: