Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - The new pedals you are trying out
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

The new pedals you are trying out
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:06 am    Post subject: The new pedals you are trying out Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

Louis in Taiwan again.

I heard you talk about Knobs (YouTube channel), and that you are working with Truetone Music to get some new pedals. Truetone has a bunch of Chase Bliss pedals now. I'm guessing this is a result of what you guys have been doing. Is there a particular new pedal that you are enjoying? A lot of their pedals are pretty cool sounding, and I'm really curious what you are doing with them.

Thanks for everything. Your music and willingness to share knowledge here and on Guitarwank are greatly appreciated. It really is remarkable the community you guys have created.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Louis, yes I have a bunch of new pedals, some of which I used on the new album, and others I didn't get a chance to fully try out yet. I'm on tour now - when I get back I'll have 5 days at home to experiment some more before we mix, so they might end up on the record.

The Meris Ottobit Jr. is awesome - lots of dirty, bit crushing tones. So much fun! The Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge is a great ring modulator which is more subtile and better for chords than the Moogerfooger. The Red Panda Tensor and Particle 2 are both amazing, and so is the Montreal Assembly Count to 5. All 3 pedals are different, but have stuff in common too. The Count to 5 arrived too late so it didn't make the record (yet). The Alexander Syntax Error does some great ring mod patterns, similar to the ZVex RingTone, but with more parameters. I got a Klon Clone from a company in China called Partspipe, which in my opinion sounds better than the original Klon selling now for stupid prices - this one cost 160 bucks and I used it on the album instead of my original. It's smoother sounding than the original and sounds 20 times better than the Klon KTR which in my opinion sounds nothing like the original, and neither do most of the other ones I've heard. That's all I can think of - too many pedals, not enough money.
bluesyland

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your advice, Scott!
Can you tell us where can buy this spectacular Klon clone from Partspipe, please?
I couldn´t found it in Ebay.
Thanks again!
percyguitar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott:

This is Percy Laws...Ha ha, I finally made it into this forum...!!!

Thank you so much for the kind words about my friend Li Wen’s Klon clone (Partspipe)... if anyone interested to buy it they can PM me and I will send them a link...

Have fun in Europe and talk soon!!!

cheers,
Percy
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott.
Did you have the chance to make a ride on the DOD Looking Glass OD?
I got many pedals, some bought after having seen them housed on your pedalboard (e.g. SD9, Klon-clone, RC Booster....).
By I haven’t tried yet a pedal which is such transparent and dynamic as the LG does. It adds a different old style flavour to my tone palette...
And is cheap. It’s been designed by Paul Cochraine after a Timmy, thanks to a special cooperation with DOD Corporation. Mass production seems to have led to a dramatic cost reduction, not affecting the quality.
There’s a bunch of videos on you tube that could give an idea of its capabilities.
Awesome.
That really makes me wonder if it’s worth to get one of all those fancy & expensive pedals out there.
Mojo must not necessarily lie in a expensive-like-gold little box. Looking Glass it’s the living proof in my opinion. This pedal really has led me to rethink about my next purchases...
funksteroo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Scott, where did you get the partspipe Klon Clone? I’m not seeing it online anywhere!!

Thanks, tommy
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Percy! Send Percy a PM and he'll tell you how to get a Partspipe Klon.

I've never heard of the DOD Looking Glass - I wonder how it differs from the OD 250. I'll see if True Tone Music has one next time I'm there.
percyguitar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott:

Thank you so much again for using this Klon clone and sharing your thoughts and tone secret with your fans!!! There are already some people here asking me the link and buying from Li Wen. I am sure they will like it...

About the price, Li Wen was selling it on ebay for $249.99+shipping, the $160USD discount price was for you and your close friends, ha ha... but Li Wen and I think it’s okay to give this discount price to all your fans in this forum... Smile

So whoever bought this pedal with this special discount price, you have to promise me to buy one or more of Scott’s new coming album!!! Because Scott got you guys this discount price:-)

Anyone interested in this Klon clone please feel free to PM me...

cheers,
Percy Laws
p.s. I heard about the DOD Looking Glass and saw a photo of it on Mike Landau’s pedalboard, but it didn’t stayed on his board for long, so Scott you can ask Mike about it when you get back from Europe.

[/quote]
ma36scott

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Percy,

I've been messaging with Li Wen on Ebay, and have been having trouble with the price on the pedal. He's told me to not pay after placing the order so he can create a revised invoice for the discounted price, but there's no way (that I can see) to place the order without paying the BIN price of $249 + shipping. I'm at a loss for what to do, and he hasn't responded to my most recent message about this.

Would it be best to just pay the BIN price and then have him refund me the balance? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

EDIT - finally got it sorted out, and pedal has been ordered. Can't wait to try it out!!
percyguitar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ma36scott wrote:
Hi Percy,

I've been messaging with Li Wen on Ebay, and have been having trouble with the price on the pedal. He's told me to not pay after placing the order so he can create a revised invoice for the discounted price, but there's no way (that I can see) to place the order without paying the BIN price of $249 + shipping. I'm at a loss for what to do, and he hasn't responded to my most recent message about this.

Would it be best to just pay the BIN price and then have him refund me the balance? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

EDIT - finally got it sorted out, and pedal has been ordered. Can't wait to try it out!!

Hi Scott:

Great!!! I just talked with Li Wen, he said you paid the BIN price on ebay and he refunded you the balance, that’s a good way to do it, he said the Klon clone had already shipped out, you should get it in a few days, he also sent you a tracking number.

cheers,
Percy
Philentropy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to @percyguitar for the Partspipe Klon clone. Arrived yesterday and it's very very nice. Warm, rich, transparent. Running RC Booster v2 at 18v is pretty close too, I must say. But A/B-ing against other Klon clones here (Archer, Tumnus Deluxe) there is just no comparison. Very thin by comparison with the Partspipe. I've no experience with a real Klon, so I'm taking Scott's word here Smile

One question for Scott: If you did tour with your Klon, would it replace your RC or would it be upstream? Asking because... as noted above... the RC gets pretty damned close to the Partspipe, and my guess is you would use one or the other but no need for both...
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Klon is too big for my tiny pedalboard or I'd consider it. All my gear, including the SE-70, fits into a normal suitcase.

The original Klon sounds great too, but I've noticed a subtile harsh treble frequency in it which the Partspipe Klon doesn't have. In my opinion the Partspipe has a tighter bass too.
Philentropy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Klone vs RC Reply with quote

Scott thank you ! Still curious though, if you did use the Klon for travel, would it be added to the RC Booster chain for more color, or does the RC effectively do the Klon's job with smaller footprint, rendering the RC moot?
percyguitar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi @Philentropy:

Thanks for your great comments on the Partspipe Klon!!! Happy to know you got it within less than a week!!! I checked your first PM to me was on Saturday April 13th and you got it on Wednesday or Thursday April 17th, 18th...

I have the J Rockett Archer and Archer ikon too and I like this Klon clone better for sure Smile I tried experimenting and combine it with different pedals, I put the Partspipe Klon in front of the Maxon SD-9 and sounded pretty good (sounded bad after the SD-9), same result with the TS-9, Way Huge Geisha Drive. Just try and have fun with it!!!

cheers,
Percy
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never looked at the Klon as a replacement for the RC. Some people have told me that if you lower the Klon's gain and raise the treble, it's a good boost pedal - that never worked for me, maybe because I turn down the tone on my guitar too much. I use the Klon as a high gain pedal, like an SD-9, so that's the pedal it would replace if I brought it on the road. However I still like the SD-9 more for switching between pickups, and it's also more compressed than the Klon - I find that useful for playing legato, especially in dry rooms with no natural ambience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: