Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - New Album is on FIRE!!! HD Tracks available? Can I buy ?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

New Album is on FIRE!!! HD Tracks available? Can I buy ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexThanos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject: New Album is on FIRE!!! HD Tracks available? Can I buy ? Reply with quote

Hey Scott hope you’re well! Heard your new album and I absolutely LOVE the tone and groove of this new one. I have been going down the HiFi audiophile route where I would buy high quality tracks that of music I really love (they’re usually a lot pricier) and they go up to 192khz sample rate I would listen through the Hugo II amp through high end headphones and really really get into the listening experience. Will you ever make your records available in this format?

I mean LP is great I’d get that too but for someone who’s always traveling this format gives high quality listening anywhere it’d be great! Cheers Scott!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alex, glad you like it! The album was recorded at 96k, but because the mastering engineer put it on tape before he EQ'd it, the 44.1 CD is really the better sound. Even at 96k, there's some digital sounding crap which is gone on the tape version - it's kind of a magic sound, very smooth and vintage sounding. Also no hardware compressor is needed because the tape does it. It's not that expensive to do and I recommend it to anyone who's recording on a computer.
Chickentonight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Where can I buy it in Europe? Bought it last time from cdbaby. Now they don't have it at least not yet. Really waiting to get it.
Thanasis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on Google music
Chickentonight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there's no physical release at all? Wanna admire that great album cover in the old good way.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the physical CD is sold by CD Baby and they ship worldwide. They told me it would be available at midnight on July 1st but I don't see it there yet. Probably very soon.

When I get back from this tour I'll also sell autographed CD's from my website, and I'll do a play-along version. Can't wait to start writing guitar charts. 😢
percyguitar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been trying to buy it all afternoon in China... the stupid Amazon doesn’t accept my credit cards because they’re Chinese credit cards (VISA), I have no problem with any other websites at all, called their customer service and they were so stupid to tell me “because the seller won’t ship the MP3 to China...” I ask the lady if she knows what a MP3 music file is? She kept saying they can’t ship “MP3” to China and that’s the problem... “ and she was very impatient and told me that’s the only problem because it’s MP3 in the US... It doesn’t make any sense... so I gave up on Amazon...

I am waiting for CD Baby or iTunes... does anyone know when it will be available?

I heard the samples on Amazon and they sounded amazing!!! Just can’t wait to hear the full album!!!!!

cheers,
Percy
p.s. The people at Amazon China are so stupid, I called three times and got the same answer “seller won’t ship MP3 to China”... I told them if you are trying to sell something you better know what it is first (a MP3 files/ digital album), before I try to say something rude to her, she hung up on me.....fuck!!!!!!!!
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on CD Baby now, not on my artist page yet (don't know why) but if you search for People Mover it's there, both the CD and mp3 version. It's also on iTunes.

Sorry you had problems with Amazon Percy. I've tried to buy prostitutes there and they won't take my credit card either.
AlexThanos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it does sound darn good Scott, and i definitely can hear the tape mastering youre talking about. So before you have the autographed CD available which ill get from you im listening through Tidal they provide high quality streaming. Im using my Chord Hugo 2 amp and JH Audio Lola ....thats about 6000 dollars worth of listening device. Maaan im pretty sure whatever is happening in my ear is sexual right now geez 😅

Ill get the CD off you once it’s available Scott! Great stuff!!! Thank you so much!
Alessandro_Iglesias

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for it, Scott. Gonna buy it right now.
Chickentonight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought it.

Sounds spectacular.

Last edited by Chickentonight on Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
percyguitar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Henderson wrote:
It's on CD Baby now, not on my artist page yet (don't know why) but if you search for People Mover it's there, both the CD and mp3 version. It's also on iTunes.

Sorry you had problems with Amazon Percy. I've tried to buy prostitutes there and they won't take my credit card either.

Thank you Scott !!!! I am aboard... I finally bought it on CD Baby!!!!!! Wow, this new album just rock!!! I LOVE it!!!!! Sounds amazing!!!!! Incredible compositions!!!! Romain and Archi sounded so tight, love their playing!!!!! And all those “sound effects” and layers, very refreshing!!!!!! The music has a great vibe that totally fits the album cover’s theme...

“People Mover” is absolutely my new favorite guitar album or just album:-)
Can’t stop listening to it, I been sitting in front of my computer for three hours just keep listening to it... and I told a lot of my friends (Scott's fans) here in China about this new album...everyone is so excited and looking forward to hear these music live!!!!!!

cheers,
Percy
AlexThanos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the download from CD Baby! Its available at 320kbps though i wish there was somewhere i can buy 44.1khz 16 bit. But all good im gonna buy the autographed CD anyways. Let the good times roll!
bluesyland

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pristine sound!
Great and complex compositions!
Great solos!
Tribal tech´s era into power trio format! Great, so great!!
Thanks Scott!!!
ToneArt12

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“People Mover” is amazing! The compositions are deep and mind expanding, and the playing is sublime. Looking forward to to getting to know this opus better over time. Thank you maestro Henderson!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: