Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Question about buying my CD outside the US
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Question about buying my CD outside the US

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Question about buying my CD outside the US Reply with quote

A few people have told me that buying my CD in Europe is too expensive, and that's why they're ordering an autographed CD from my website. How expensive is it to buy in Europe or other parts of the world from CD Baby?

From my end, I'm charging 30 dollars, but after PayPal's fee it's 28.40, then it costs 14.25 to send it to Europe. So I make 14.15, which is OK, but it's a pain in the ass to fill out a customs form for every CD.

I'm asking because there's an online postal service which fills out the customs forms automatically - maybe I should sign up for it and really advertise web sales if the CD is too expensive to buy from CD Baby.

Any advice would be helpful - thanks!

Scott
Thanasis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

For Greece there are 3 options from CD baby.

USPS INTNL -AIR (No plastic) $5,57 postage plus $15 for the cd 20,57 total.
USPS INTNL AIR $7,54 postage, 22,54 total
UPS Express which is the only one with a tracking option, $59.99 postage, 74,99 total (ouch)

I was gonna order it from you because I thought you would make more profit. I'm more than happy to pay more if shipping lowers your profit. I would prefer an autographed copy, but whatever is more convenient for you.

Also a question for paypal, hope it is not indiscreet.
When you monetize from paypal do you have to pay taxes in the US?
Here, half of the money goes to taxes, so paypal makes profit impossible.

If so, would the option "send money to a friend" make much of a difference?
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered at CD Baby with the cheapest shipping option that takes a little longer to arrive at your home. I paid about 20 usd and the cd arrived here in Amsterdam in less than a week. Outstanding service if you ask me.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, that really helps. From what you've told me, getting a CD from CD Baby is actually cheaper than getting it from me, which I'm happy to hear. I would think that they have a better rate with the post office than I do since they ship so much.

I do make a little more profit on autographed CD's, since CD Baby pays the artist 11 for every CD they sell at 15.

I have to pay taxes on everything I make from PayPal, whether it's send to a friend or not. I think it's more like around 20% here, but I'm not an expert. It's only my job to say "aw crap" every April when I have to pay income taxes.
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter_heijnen wrote:
....cheapest shipping option that takes a little longer to arrive at your home. I paid about 20 usd....

I looked it up, i paid 22.54 usd.
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, maybe those guys who said it cost more than buying it from me live in out of the way places in Europe. Transylvania? My music is quite popular among the townspeople there. Also in that area where they filmed Hostel.
peter_heijnen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Transylvania it's expensive because of the additional blood money you have to pay. In that hostel area post services are expensive because no postman ever returns in one piece at the office after delivery.
stephane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mr. Henderson and thanks a lot, I just received your last signed CD, many, many thanks Very Happy !
What a sound, a big one Razz !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: