Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - Scott or Satriani?
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Scott or Satriani?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Scott or Satriani? Reply with quote

Hi Scott
I was buying a new CD player the other day and was using 'Jakarta' from 'Reality Check' as one of my test tunes to try different systems. One of the guys in the shop said he really liked what I was playing, but asked if it was Joe Satriani! Was just wondering your reaction to that, if any...
Cheers
Matt
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably doesn't listen to much guitar music and can't hear stylistic differences. Not to say anything bad about Joe because he's a great player, but in Jakarta I don't play anything fast at all - completely the opposite from most of Joe's tunes I've heard. Maybe if that guy heard Joe Walsh, he'd think it's Frank Gambale.
rmg1680

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once heard Bill Connors in the mid-80's and thought it was Allan Holdsworth. Twisted Evil
Thelonious Beck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmg1680 wrote:
I once heard Bill Connors in the mid-80's and thought it was Allan Holdsworth. Twisted Evil

That's more understandable than mistaking Joe Satriani for Scott Henderson. Connors actually sounded like Holdsworth in the '80s.
rmg1680

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonious Beck wrote:
rmg1680 wrote:

That's more understandable than mistaking Joe Satriani for Scott Henderson. Connors actually sounded like Holdsworth in the '80s.

Yeah - I was somewhat joking. It definitely seemed as if that's what he was going for on those 3 trio records he made during that time. I read an interview years ago where Allan was asked what he thought about Bill's playing...he said something like - I like Bill Connors when he sounds like Bill Connors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: