Scott Henderson Discussion :: View topic - York Audio KW 412 M25-SH IR Pack
Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index

Scott Henderson Discussion
The Official Scott Henderson Discussion Forum

www.scotthenderson.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

York Audio KW 412 M25-SH IR Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Henderson
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense if it's not practical to bring a 4x12 on stage. I guess the weak link would be the monitors, if the small amp isn't loud enough and you want to hear the sound from the IR. I saw Jennifer Batten play a similar type of rig, but she was carrying her own monitors around. Club monitors are generally trashed, but I put a tiny bit of guitar in there and it's usually OK. If I was using the monitors for more than that - probably not a good thing.
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fully agreed Scott. There are also a lot of folks using these FRFR cabs (essentially a wide range speaker - a different way to call a monitor). IMHO if you end with carrying around an FRFR cab, you better take a little tube amp, with all the benefits of relying on a real tube amp responsiveness, which IMO is way different than an amp sim. My "little" amp of choice is a Fender 59 Bassman LTD... lol... not that small thing, but thanks to its 4x10 speakers special design and its lightweight solid wood ebėnclosure, it's way less heavy than one would expect. When used as a clean pedal platform (I definitely don't like it cranked!), sounds like a little plexi to my ears. Stock Jensen speaker after a long break-in sound way warmer and smooth than in the beginning (when I was thinking to replace them!). With the right IRs (wich your YA KW pack definitely is!) sounds very much like its bigger brother, but with a classic fender clean tone on tap, not available with a plexi. In the end it's a one channel amp w a lot of clean headroom, so that takes pedals very well. Seems like I'm using it same as M Landau does with its Fender Deville.
Thumberstrummer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...by the way, I've been in NYC this August, where I happen to buy a SH9 which has replaced the old trusted SD9 on my board. It looks to be a staple there... smells like a keeper Very Happy. Great, great pedal!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Scott Henderson Discussion Forum Index -> Scott Henderson Direct All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: