Suhr :: View topic - OD100 Classic Plus Effects Loop

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

OD100 Classic Plus Effects Loop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdahs143

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: OD100 Classic Plus Effects Loop Reply with quote

I'm thinking seriously about pulling the trigger on an OD100 Classic Plus. One of my main effects is delay which on this amp I would have to use in the loop to keep it post distortion, and sounding right. My current delay is a DLS Echotap.

Anyone have any experience with this. How pedal friendly is the loop. This pedal has internal input and ouput volume controls. It also splits the signal to maintain the analog signal through the pedal. It's a great pedal with really nice tone. I just want to know that it's going to work

Thanks!
BRUNO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

friend of mine is using this exact set up..no prob
Pete Lacis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loop on all the OD100's is great. I used to use a TC G-Force and that sounded great. I've since simplified to just a pedal board and use a Line6 DL4 and Verbzilla in the loop and its fantastic.

One key thing to try with an OD100 is to get a low impedance volume pedal (like a Boss FV-300L) and put it in the effects loop before your delays so you can do volume swells and control the master volume of the amp. Its works amazingly well.....and it helps you get a fuller tone out of the OD100 at lower volumes.
My Guitars: http://petelacis.com/guitars

Suhr, I'll take another....
Screamin' Willy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend running your delay through a Suhr Minimix. Set your effects to 100% wet. This keeps your dry tone seperate from the wet and allows you to mix in just the right amount of wet signal. It really makes a huge difference in clarity and overall tone.
hdahs143

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like it will work pretty well. As far as the volume pedal in the loop, I've done that before and it works very well. I use the pedal to control overall system volume, without really effecting the gain structure. I've recently switched to a low impedance pedal, after reading some of Pete Cornish's thoughts on pedalboards and buffers.

The MiniMix is a great tool, but I'm not sure it would work with my pedal. The EchoTap is sort of a parallel setup in itself as it splits the guitar signal, running part of it through the delay circuitry and recombining it with the unprocessed analog signal at the output. It's really a great sounding delay.

This will be a big change for me, because for years I've used clean amps, and pedals for my dirt sounds. Currently running through a Dr Z Stingray. But I really want to get the dirt sounds from the amp. Pedals are nice and convenient for sure, but they just dont make one that sounds and responds like great amp overdrive/distortion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: