Suhr :: View topic - Passing of Wayman Tisdale

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Passing of Wayman Tisdale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakeshow8

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Passing of Wayman Tisdale Reply with quote

Being a big NBA fan I'd just like to wish condolenses to the Tisdale family. Wayman passed away a few days ago after battling with bone cancer the past 2 years. After a stellar college career at Oaklahoma, winning a gold medal in the '84 Olympics and a solid NBA career with the Pacers, Suns and Kings he ventured on to his true passion which was as a bassist. More on the light jazz circuit I saw a few of his performances at various Jazz festivals.

After re-reading one of John's interviews he mentioned he built some basses for Wayman while he was at Fender. Not sure if John got to know Tisdale but he seemed like a real cool dude.

Hope you all don't mind me posting this here but I just wanted to give a little praise to a good man who passed away this week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Bass Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: