Suhr :: View topic - New Reb Beach website launched!

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

New Reb Beach website launched!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt_sefton

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: New Reb Beach website launched! Reply with quote

Apologies for the blatant pimping, but I thought some of you would like to know that I have just uploaded the new Reb Beach website at http://www.rebbeach.com

I've been designing the site for the past couple of months and finally it's finished. There's a lot of Suhr stuff on there, as well as a new interview with Reb, unreleased tracks to download, a full gear gallery, etc. Oh, and not forgetting the sooper dooper competition with a cool Suhr-related prize!

I would really welcome any feedback from you guys on the site - the best way to get better is from criticism!

Cheers,
Matt
eddyrox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, NICE job. From the detailed gear pix (pedal board layout comes to mind) to the Reb pictorial history to the comprehensive Suhr axology (sweet!), I felt like I was looking at an issue of Japan's Young Guitar Magazine!! Wink Excellent work, and really cool cover page!
mike.
matt_sefton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddy - I'm really glad you said that - a 'magazine' type feel was exactly what I was going for. I see so many sites that either look great with very little content or are full of information but look like your dog designed it! I wanted a site where people could spend a good hour or so digging through all the content.

Thanks for the feedback!
Matt
davyped

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Matt, great job!!!! Shocked Any plans on a php based BB. I wonder where John found that piece of Koa? It looks just like Reb. Razz

Dave
kirk95
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: New Reb Beach website launched! Reply with quote

matt_sefton wrote:
Apologies for the blatant pimping, but I thought some of you would like to know that I have just uploaded the new Reb Beach website at http://www.rebbeach.com

I've been designing the site for the past couple of months and finally it's finished. There's a lot of Suhr stuff on there, as well as a new interview with Reb, unreleased tracks to download, a full gear gallery, etc. Oh, and not forgetting the sooper dooper competition with a cool Suhr-related prize!

I would really welcome any feedback from you guys on the site - the best way to get better is from criticism!

Cheers,
Matt

Looks great Matt... Nice job!
MikeE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was checking it out last night and forgot to come here and tell you the site looks great. Nice job...

Mike E.
matt_sefton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davyped wrote:
Hey Matt, great job!!!! Shocked Any plans on a php based BB. I wonder where John found that piece of Koa? It looks just like Reb. Razz

Dave

Thanks Dave and everyone else too Smile There was a lot of discussion (pardon the pun!) about the messageboard and I did set up a php based version with all the bells and whistles like this one. The thing is, number one, Reb is THE most forgetful person in the world and he would never remember passwords, logins, etc and number two, we're simple souls over at Reb's place! The board members like the simplicity of the current board and the fact that they can't miss a post as they all go in the one forum. I was happy to go with the concensus so it stays as it was for now.

Regarding the Reb pic on the Koa, there's quite a funny story about that which I hope the guys won't mind if I share. We were sitting in the dressing room at Derby going through the visual boards for the site
that I did. Reb was sitting next to Doug Aldrich. Reb freaked when he saw the Suhr image - he loved it. Doug said "Hey man, wouldn't it be, like, SO cool if you had a Suhr just like that with your picture on it?" Reb gave Doug a withering look and said "No Doug, that would be stupid!" Smile Can you imagine Reb running around the stage with his own picture on his guitar?!!

I should point out that Doug is a great guy too, especially for letting me play his 'Jimmy Page' Les Paul, although I certainly wouldn't let Mr Page carve his initials in the back of MY vintage guitar with a knife! Maybe only Mr Hendrix would get that honour, but that's not going to happen, is it Wink

Matt
jim0115

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Matt...the Reb Beach site is great. My only negative feedback (hopefully constructive) is that it took me a minute to find the "enter" graphic on the home page. Probably just me, but I found myself clicking around on some of the graphics to get in before I saw the "enter" gif on the bottom right. duh! Anyway, that was my experience first time in. Other than that, I thought it was really well done.

When you redo the Suhr site, I hope you include some really good examples of John's primary color selections. I had a really tough time with that when I ordered my classic. While John was great in working with me on this, I would have really liked a good library of photos of his guitars in the main, standard colors.

The Tom Anderson site does a really good job of this. In case you have not seen that one, check it out...

http://www.andersonguitars.com/newsite/gallery.cfm
davyped

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt_sefton wrote:
davyped wrote:

Dave

Thanks Dave and everyone else too Smile There was a lot of discussion (pardon the pun!) about the messageboard and I did set up a php based version with all the bells and whistles like this one. The thing is, number one, Reb is THE most forgetful person in the world and he would never remember passwords, logins, etc and number two, we're simple souls over at Reb's place! The board members like the simplicity of the current board and the fact that they can't miss a post as they all go in the one forum. I was happy to go with the concensus so it stays as it was for now.

Matt

I understand. I visit the board often just lurking. Every now and then I will post a question. The only thing I don't like about the current board is a lack of a search function. Hey Matt, I dabble with webpages in my spare time, I might have to shoot you an email and pick your brain sometime. Very Happy

Dave
matt_sefton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim0115 wrote:
Hey Matt...the Reb Beach site is great. My only negative feedback (hopefully constructive) is that it took me a minute to find the "enter" graphic on the home page. Probably just me, but I found myself clicking around on some of the graphics to get in before I saw the "enter" gif on the bottom right. duh! Anyway, that was my experience first time in. Other than that, I thought it was really well done.

When you redo the Suhr site, I hope you include some really good examples of John's primary color selections. I had a really tough time with that when I ordered my classic. While John was great in working with me on this, I would have really liked a good library of photos of his guitars in the main, standard colors.

The Tom Anderson site does a really good job of this. In case you have not seen that one, check it out...

http://www.andersonguitars.com/newsite/gallery.cfm

Jim - thanks for the great feedback and you are 100% right about the 'Enter' button - it even foxed Reb! I'll be changing that this weekend.

BUT Smile Do you know something I don't??? "When you redo the Suhr site"? This probably isn't the place to talk about this but I would love to do John's site. I did mail him offering my services a few days ago but I haven't had a reply as yet.

Dave - pick away - happy to help out if I can Smile

Matt
jim0115

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops...my mistake Embarassed

I know I saw an early thread on this board that John said a new site was coming, and assumed you were putting it together.

Well...you've got my recommendation, and I'm sure that is all John needs to make a final decision! Sad
matt_sefton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s'ok Jim - no harm done Smile I saw that post too - John probably already has someone lined up to do the site.

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: