Suhr :: View topic - John Suhr's Holy Grail of Bass. What woods ?

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

John Suhr's Holy Grail of Bass. What woods ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: John Suhr's Holy Grail of Bass. What woods ? Reply with quote

Hey!

I have read several times about John Suhr's holy grail of guitar tone woods - Basswood body with a 3/16 maple top with a maple neck and maple fingerboard.

I want to know John's take on what according to him is the holy grail of bass tonewood.

Also, I'd like to hear from the people on the forum who play bass about what woods they prefer and why?

Cheers!!
Suhr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: suhr Reply with quote

bonga wrote:
Hey!

I have read several times about John Suhr's holy grail of guitar tone woods - Basswood body with a 3/16 maple top with a maple neck and maple fingerboard.

I want to know John's take on what according to him is the holy grail of bass tonewood.

Also, I'd like to hear from the people on the forum who play bass about what woods they prefer and why?

Cheers!!

Being as the current bass is very traditional I recommend gradational woods unless you want figured maple. Really hard to go wrong with Rosewood fingerboard and an Alder Body. Or Maple neck and a swamp ash body for more piano like bottom
bonga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question for you John, do you place the jazz pickups in the 60's or the 70's positions ? And do you have a preference ?

Thanks
rastap

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: suhr Reply with quote

Mahogany with a Koa top would be the shite! Expensive but worth it.

Suhr wrote:
bonga wrote:
Hey!

Cheers!!

Being as the current bass is very traditional I recommend gradational woods unless you want figured maple. Really hard to go wrong with Rosewood fingerboard and an Alder Body. Or Maple neck and a swamp ash body for more piano like bottom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Bass Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: