Suhr :: View topic - Suhr SH50 ?

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 
 

 
 
 
Suhr SH50 ?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lovely



Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 37

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Suhr SH50 ? Reply with quote

Any chance that a SH50W will be available soon ?

For those who need less volume ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suhr



Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 2129

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Suhr SH50 ? Reply with quote

lovely wrote:
Any chance that a SH50W will be available soon ?

For those who need less volume ...


Pull two tubes, inside or outside pair and bump the speaker to the next lower impedance Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
peter_heijnen



Joined: 21 Apr 2017
Posts: 4
Location: Amsterdamn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, i didn't know you had your own forum untill yesterday. So here's my firts post and question.

I just learned on Scotts forum that the SH-50 is going te see it's birth in a near future, it being a vintage Marshall style amp with fx loop, master volume and half power switch looks killer.

I was wondering, would it harm the amps sound to tap one of the speaker outs in paralel, build the Line Out Box into the amp, and hardwire the tap to it's input? And if it doesn't hurt the amp, could that be ordered as an option?

My girlfriend is less excited about the amp. Lord, when will women finally learn? Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suhr



Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 2129

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter_heijnen wrote:
Hi John, i didn't know you had your own forum untill yesterday. So here's my firts post and question.

I just learned on Scotts forum that the SH-50 is going te see it's birth in a near future, it being a vintage Marshall style amp with fx loop, master volume and half power switch looks killer.

I was wondering, would it harm the amps sound to tap one of the speaker outs in paralel, build the Line Out Box into the amp, and hardwire the tap to it's input? And if it doesn't hurt the amp, could that be ordered as an option?

My girlfriend is less excited about the amp. Lord, when will women finally learn? Smile

Right now it's only a prototype I'm making for Scott, there is no release date yet.

You can't do that. It won't work. You are sending the out to the input and creating a giant feedback. What are you trying to achieve ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
peter_heijnen



Joined: 21 Apr 2017
Posts: 4
Location: Amsterdamn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suhr wrote:
You can't do that. It won't work. You are sending the out to the input and creating a giant feedback. What are you trying to achieve ?

I guess you read my post to fast John, or maybe my english is just not apropriate?

Instead of always connecting an external Line Out Box to the second speaker out of the amp i'd prefer a built in Line Out Box.

If you tapped the second speaker output once extra in paralel (so the second speaker out actually becomes two speaker outs in paralel) and a line out box would be built into the ampchassis and then you hardwired the extra speaker out tap to the input of the line out box, would that alter the amps sound?

As i understand it the line out box doesn't mess with the amps output impedance as long as no load is connected to the speaker thru of the line out box. Would it alter the sound neither, or would it make a difference?

So a stock SH-50 needs to be anticipated a little longer, i'll be patient then. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suhr



Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 2129

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well maybe I read too quick but you didn't say in to a different amps input.
So I assume you are talking about taking the line out back to the same amps input which won't work. For that matter I would not recommend going in to an instrument level input anyway unless you are looking to use the first amp as a big distortion box. The line out should really go in to a power amp or an effect loop return, naturally effects can be inserted in to this chain if you like.
If you are asking about thru vs parrallel for instance using a second speaker jack they are identical situations. It's the electronically the same thing and neither will change the tone of the amp. If you have a speaker jack unused on the amp you can use that, if you don't you use the thru jack on the line out, it's all the same, they are all in parrallel. Let me know if that answers it. Thanks
peter_heijnen wrote:
Suhr wrote:
You can't do that. It won't work. You are sending the out to the input and creating a giant feedback. What are you trying to achieve ?

I guess you read my post to fast John, or maybe my english is just not apropriate?

Instead of always connecting an external Line Out Box to the second speaker out of the amp i'd prefer a built in Line Out Box.

If you tapped the second speaker output once extra in paralel (so the second speaker out actually becomes two speaker outs in paralel) and a line out box would be built into the ampchassis and then you hardwired the extra speaker out tap to the input of the line out box, would that alter the amps sound?

As i understand it the line out box doesn't mess with the amps output impedance as long as no load is connected to the speaker thru of the line out box. Would it alter the sound neither, or would it make a difference?

So a stock SH-50 needs to be anticipated a little longer, i'll be patient then. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
peter_heijnen



Joined: 21 Apr 2017
Posts: 4
Location: Amsterdamn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't very clear i guess, but take my word for it: would never take an amps line out into that amps input, that would be very odd. Wink

The line out is meant to drive my full wet fx for dry/wet setup, just like anyone uses your Suhr Line Out Box, but built into the amp instead of the external box. It's purely a convenience thing, instead of always having to remember whether you packed the Line Out Box or not.

Let me put it this way: if the SH-50 were to be released, could it have a line out for dry/wet purpose as an option by building the Suhr Line Out Box into the amp and if so would it alter the amps tone?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suhr



Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 2129

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter_heijnen wrote:
I wasn't very clear i guess, but take my word for it: would never take an amps line out into that amps input, that would be very odd. Wink

The line out is meant to drive my full wet fx for dry/wet setup, just like anyone uses your Suhr Line Out Box, but built into the amp instead of the external box. It's purely a convenience thing, instead of always having to remember whether you packed the Line Out Box or not.

Let me put it this way: if the SH-50 were to be released, could it have a line out for dry/wet purpose as an option by building the Suhr Line Out Box into the amp and if so would it alter the amps tone?


Sure it's possible if there is room
Usually though when internally installed there is no transformer for isolation and phase switch. No it doesn't matter inside or external, doesn't affect the tone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
peter_heijnen



Joined: 21 Apr 2017
Posts: 4
Location: Amsterdamn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx John! Sorry for not knowing there wasn't even a release date, i won't bother you again untill the SH-50 is being announced officially.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB ©