Suhr :: View topic - Power cord

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Power cord

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Power cord Reply with quote

Hello guys! Which power cord do you use for your amp? And how it influences on sound?
Suhr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Power cord Reply with quote

Victor wrote:
Hello guys! Which power cord do you use for your amp? And how it influences on sound?

Use the power cord supplied. Chasing tone in a power cord means you would have to rewire the building and streets where you play as well.
Victor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Power cord Reply with quote

Suhr wrote:
Victor wrote:

Use the power cord supplied. Chasing tone in a power cord means you would have to rewire the building and streets where you play as well.

i tried mercury magnetics power cord. My badger 35 has amazing full sound now. Why you don`t ship your amps with mercury power cord? It is cost 20$. Thanks!
Victor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Power cord Reply with quote

Suhr wrote:
Victor wrote:

i tried mercury magnetics power cord. My badger 35 has amazing full sound now. Why you don`t ship your amps with mercury power cord? It is cost 20$. Thanks!
Suhr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Power cord Reply with quote

Victor wrote:
Suhr wrote:
Victor wrote:

Snake oil in my book but.... If you believe it sounds better that is all that matters. But I don't, I have done the tests both double blind and measurements. We already use a way over rated heavy duty power cord, some other companies might not. The wall home wiring is 14 gauge which is rated for 15A. This is because of the tremendous length it usually has to cover form the fuse box breaker and the drop in resistance/voltage over that length. You are talking about the last 6ft of a maze of home or club wiring. With a Badger you are drawing less than 1/2A (30 times less or about 3% of that amperage) and we use a 16 gauge/300V cable which is only 6ft long and it costs just as much as the MM. There is not enough current or length to matter. If you think you really hear a difference then you better play in the room closest to the breaker in the house or club since that will make way more of a difference. The difference in the cable we supply 16AWG and theirs 14AWG is going to be .01VAC over 6ft so 120V compared to 119.99VAC There is no way you are going to hear that difference especially when the wall voltage in your house fluctuates between 115VAC and 125VAC during the day. In fact that is way beyond the tolerance of AC voltage regulators which are usually +-5V at 120VAC. Consider the source and don't trust your ears or your mind when it is not a double blind test.
Victor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Power cord Reply with quote

Suhr wrote:
Victor wrote:
Suhr wrote:
Victor wrote:

Snake oil in my book but.... If you believe it sounds better that is all that matters. But I don't, I have done the tests both double blind and measurements. We already use a way over rated heavy duty power cord, some other companies might not. The wall home wiring is 14 gauge which is rated for 15A. This is because of the tremendous length it usually has to cover form the fuse box breaker and the drop in resistance/voltage over that length. You are talking about the last 6ft of a maze of home or club wiring. With a Badger you are drawing less than 1/2A (30 times less or about 3% of that amperage) and we use a 16 gauge/300V cable which is only 6ft long and it costs just as much as the MM. There is not enough current or length to matter. If you think you really hear a difference then you better play in the room closest to the breaker in the house or club since that will make way more of a difference. The difference in the cable we supply 16AWG and theirs 14AWG is going to be .01VAC over 6ft so 120V compared to 119.99VAC There is no way you are going to hear that difference especially when the wall voltage in your house fluctuates between 115VAC and 125VAC during the day. In fact that is way beyond the tolerance of AC voltage regulators which are usually +-5V at 120VAC. Consider the source and don't trust your ears or your mind when it is not a double blind test.

Thank you John! Maybe it depends of the place where i live. I live in Russia. Can i write some short demo with mercury cord and typical cord and share to you?

P.S. I`m sorry for my emotions, John! I don`t have negative of course. I love all your products and have 2 guitars, amp,pedals and you are my idol. But when i tried power cord i was amazed. It is a little thing, but it what i need for full sound.I am very critical for my sound and i wanted to share my expierince with you.
Suhr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Power cord Reply with quote

Thanks
But, I've done the double blind tests myself and spectrum analysis tests. Unless your video is truly impartial, compares MY cord with the mercury, uses reamp technology and not you playing twice it won't mean much to me. not a big deal though, if it makes you happy go with it.
Victor wrote:
Suhr wrote:
Victor wrote:
Suhr wrote:
Victor wrote:

Thank you John! Maybe it depends of the place where i live. I live in Russia. Can i write some short demo with mercury cord and typical cord and share to you?

P.S. I`m sorry for my emotions, John! I don`t have negative of course. I love all your products and have 2 guitars, amp,pedals and you are my idol. But when i tried power cord i was amazed. It is a little thing, but it what i need for full sound.I am very critical for my sound and i wanted to share my expierince with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: