Suhr :: View topic - Locking nut on Suhr Modern Satin BR2, Floyd?

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Locking nut on Suhr Modern Satin BR2, Floyd?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gr8eve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Locking nut on Suhr Modern Satin BR2, Floyd? Reply with quote

Hello all, this is my first post and I am excited to be here! I have a 2015 Suhr Modern Satin and I am changing to all black hardware. I changed to an original German black Floyd Rose trem and nut, but the R2 nut (42mm) will not swap and mount in the same holes as the nut that came on the guitar. I am not familiar of the BR2 stamp on the bottom for original Floyd locking nuts, only the R designation. Does anyone know, if the BR2 nut is a Floyd Rose original nut or a Korean FR nut. There is very little on the net about the BR2 nut, and you cannot purchase one anywhere. I have written to Suhr, and they tell me they do not sell the Floyd nuts, so I am wondering where they are sourcing the one's used on the Modern Satin. Any help would greatly appreciated. I do not want to have to plug and redrill for a black Floyd nut. If anyone has a black BR2 nut or one that will swap in directly, I would buy it if you don't need it. Thank you!

Scott
Suhr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Locking nut on Suhr Modern Satin BR2, Floyd? Reply with quote

gr8eve wrote:
Hello all, this is my first post and I am excited to be here! I have a 2015 Suhr Modern Satin and I am changing to all black hardware. I changed to an original German black Floyd Rose trem and nut, but the R2 nut (42mm) will not swap and mount in the same holes as the nut that came on the guitar. I am not familiar of the BR2 stamp on the bottom for original Floyd locking nuts, only the R designation. Does anyone know, if the BR2 nut is a Floyd Rose original nut or a Korean FR nut. There is very little on the net about the BR2 nut, and you cannot purchase one anywhere. I have written to Suhr, and they tell me they do not sell the Floyd nuts, so I am wondering where they are sourcing the one's used on the Modern Satin. Any help would greatly appreciated. I do not want to have to plug and redrill for a black Floyd nut. If anyone has a black BR2 nut or one that will swap in directly, I would buy it if you don't need it. Thank you!

Scott

Let me see what I can do..
gr8eve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I am in desperate need for a black BR2 nut!
Suhr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gr8eve wrote:
Thank you! I am in desperate need for a black BR2 nut!

My understanding is this is handled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: