Suhr :: View topic - Minimix2 in Wet/Dry setup

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Minimix2 in Wet/Dry setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VerodaClient

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Minimix2 in Wet/Dry setup Reply with quote

Hi all and sorry for the stupid question in advance!

Basically I'm wondering if the minimix can be used in a wet-dry setup when you need to run effects in parallel?

Where I'm currently at is, I have a suhr lineout coming from the badger 35s speaker out going to a delay pedal, then to reverb pedal then to the power-amp section of a crate power block which has its own cab.

The problem is that I'd like the effects to be 100% wet but that means I can't run them in series.. I know the minimix can turn a serial fx loop into a parallel effects loop but can it also help run the effects in this scenario in parallel too? Or is that not what it was intended for?

If so could someone help me understand the chain?

Thanks!
Suhr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Minimix2 in Wet/Dry setup Reply with quote

VerodaClient wrote:
Hi all and sorry for the stupid question in advance!

Basically I'm wondering if the minimix can be used in a wet-dry setup when you need to run effects in parallel?

Where I'm currently at is, I have a suhr lineout coming from the badger 35s speaker out going to a delay pedal, then to reverb pedal then to the power-amp section of a crate power block which has its own cab.

The problem is that I'd like the effects to be 100% wet but that means I can't run them in series.. I know the minimix can turn a serial fx loop into a parallel effects loop but can it also help run the effects in this scenario in parallel too? Or is that not what it was intended for?

If so could someone help me understand the chain?

Thanks!

With 1 minimix you can have dry and two effects all in parallel.
But if you want to add delay to dry and then add Reverb to that mixed out you would need a second one. Or you could dry and find a used dual stereo line mixed from CAE. It has two mix busses one feeding the other. Is rhe probkem that both of these pedals don't have a good dry signal sound ?

You could use the minimix to mix both in parallel but they will be independent (no reverb on the delay)
VerodaClient

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah OK I gotcha! I'm trying to have the reverb on delay so maybe a CAE dual stereo line mixer is the way to go.

The end goal is really just to have one side 100% dry and the other side to be 100% wet (only the delay and reverb) so any suggestions would be appreciated.

To steal an image from another forum, I'm basically trying to do this (except coming from a speaker out and suhr lineout instead of the preamp):

https://static.gearslutz.com/board/imgext.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rockdebris.com%2Fimages%2Fdrywetriga.png&h=c4d7990ef03f5129a265b63202515f99

and was wondering if the minimix could stand in for the mixer.

As an offshoot question, would the suhr buffer be able to sit in for the splitter in the above diagram?

Thanks for all the help!
VerodaClient

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually now that I think of it, the suhr buffer wouldn't do the trick because it only has 2 outputs.

Mmmmm.. Maybe I'll just use an se-70 instead of individual effects!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Effects Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: