Suhr :: View topic - Gotoh/Floyd string change setup help

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Gotoh/Floyd string change setup help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdc

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Gotoh/Floyd string change setup help Reply with quote

Hi, popped a string on my Suhr standard with Gotoh/Floyd system.

Wondering if a document exists that has the procedure for insuring that the tremolo block is properly adjusted. Changing the strings are enough of a pain, but want to make sure the block tension and level is correct. Seems wonky after the string popped (high E). While I am in here want to do a setup, but not that familiar with the locking tremolos.
DaeniusZ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Customer support could probably give you a complete guide on how to do this.
Suhr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Gotoh/Floyd string change setup help Reply with quote

mdc wrote:
Hi, popped a string on my Suhr standard with Gotoh/Floyd system.

Wondering if a document exists that has the procedure for insuring that the tremolo block is properly adjusted. Changing the strings are enough of a pain, but want to make sure the block tension and level is correct. Seems wonky after the string popped (high E). While I am in here want to do a setup, but not that familiar with the locking tremolos.

The easiest way to make a locking setup stop working is if you over tighten the blocks screws, they just need to be snug. If you over tighten you will push a groove in to the block which has to be sanded out, I use a sharpening stone to return them to new condition, if they are damaged you should replace them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: