Suhr :: View topic - Connecting 4ohm 77' Silverface Twin Reverb to Suhr REACTIVE

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ† †SearchSearch† †MemberlistMemberlist† †UsergroupsUsergroups† †RegisterRegister

Connecting 4ohm 77' Silverface Twin Reverb to Suhr REACTIVE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rifflord

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Connecting 4ohm 77' Silverface Twin Reverb to Suhr REACTIVE Reply with quote

Well i'm officially freaking out. I didn't forsee any issues ordering one of the most iconic vintage amps to use with the Reactive Load, but I did. I won an auction on a 77' silverface TWIN REVERB.

I am now shocked to find out that the reactive load only accepts 8ohms and there seems to be no way I can find to connect my twin reverb to it, without a mismatch and change in it's tone.

This would literally defeat the entire purpose of why I bought the Suhr. Is anyone here aware of a workaround?

Last edited by rifflord on Mon May 14, 2018 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
rifflord

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I even checked the torpedo unit...same thing...

I can't believe there isn't an answer to this question anywhere and it's not mentioned in any of the youtube videos I've been watching that often feature a guy with a wall of like 50 amps talking about how he loves the Suht Reactive Load.

Is there really NO ONE trying to run something other than an 8ohm amp into this thing???? so confused now.
Suhr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Connecting 4ohm 77' Silverface Twin Reverb to Suhr REACT Reply with quote

rifflord wrote:
Well i'm officially freaking out. I didn't forsee any issues ordering one of the most iconic vintage amps to use with the Reactive Load, but I did. I won an auction on a 77' silverface TWIN REVERB.

I am now shocked to find out that the reactive load only accepts 8ohms and there seems to be no way I can find to connect my twin reverb to it, without a mismatch and change in it's tone.

This would literally defeat the entire purpose of why I bought the Suhr. Is anyone here aware of a workaround?
8 ohm load on a 4 ohm output is not an issue, especially for a Fender. In reality a speaker is only the rated impedance at a specific frequency and much higher at others. You wonít have optimum power output but that isnít an issue here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: