Suhr :: View topic - Gotoh Floyd versus Gotoh 510?

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Gotoh Floyd versus Gotoh 510?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctc1960

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Gotoh Floyd versus Gotoh 510? Reply with quote

Although I have owned nearly 100 guitars in my lifetime, the vast majority were either an original Floyd Rose or a hard tail bridge. I am awaiting a Modern that has a Gotoh Floyd installed, but the more I study Suhr guitars, I see quite a few that have the Gotoh 510 installed. Could some of you share with me the main differences between the Gotoh Floyd and the Gotoh 510 from primarily a functionality standpoint as well as any tonal differences between the two?

Thank you...Chris
Jiff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played a 510 but I can tell you the Gotoh Floyd is much, much better than the original Floyd of recent years. I was back and forth trying to make a decision like you and I decided to go with the Gotoh Floyd instead of the 510 after speaking (via email) with John.

This is what he said to me...

"Well the Gotoh Floyd sounds good and stays in tune, if you are used to Floyds you might be disappointed with the limitations of the traditional non locking bridges. If you want the "response" of a more traditional bridge you could use a standard nut. This way you would not be limited by the radius issues. It will still stay in tune 95% as well as a double locking."

I decided to go for it and I am not dissapointed.

Hope this helps!
nobimati

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Nice Reply with quote

Most of the matters of the net are resolved for the candidates. This has been emergent issue and custom essays for the nomination of the terms for the people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: