Suhr :: View topic - Suhr pickgurad pickup size

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Suhr pickgurad pickup size

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hatebreedgr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Suhr pickgurad pickup size Reply with quote

Greetings everyone,
I recently acquired my first Suhr guitar, a red Standard Pro.

The SSH+ on the bridge wasn't working at all so i decided to swap it with whatever i had handy at the time ( a Seymour duncan JB Trembucker) but to my surprise i discovered that the pickup wouldn't fit on the pickguard cavity.

After comparing the SSH+ with JB size-wise, i found that the JB was slightly wider to the SSH+...i ended up ordering a DSH+ to install which i'm expecting this week (and hopefully will fit the pickguard).

Are Suhr pickguards made only to fit Suhr pickups?
thanks
DaeniusZ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they absolutely are! In fact, if you ordered a Suhr with uncovered humbuckers, the cavity won't even fit Suhr's own covered humbuckers. I think the reason is that Suhr takes their aesthetics very seriously so they don't want to leave any extra gaps and spaces that some might consider being sloppy looking.

A Duncan JB Trembucker (uncovered) certainly fits in the pickguard cavity for uncovered humbuckers, though! I didn't enjoy the stock pickup in my Standard and I recently put in a JB. I initially thought it wasn't going to fit too, but I just slanted the pickup a little bit as I pull it through the cavity. Have something to keep the black cloth/tape thing around the pickup in space so that the cavity doesn't damage/pull it off. I was able to do this fairly easily in a couple minutes.
hatebreedgr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaeniusZ wrote:
A Duncan JB Trembucker (uncovered) certainly fits in the pickguard cavity for uncovered humbuckers, though!
sadly, not in my case. If I wanted to fit the JB I would have to make the pick guard cavity larger using a dremmel...that is what I'm trying to point out in my original post
DaeniusZ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's unfortunate! My Standard is quite old so it's possible that they made the opening even tighter over the years.

Let me know how you like the DSH+
hatebreedgr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaeniusZ wrote:

Let me know how you like the DSH+

...for sure, I just hope the DSH+ fits the pickguard first of all...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: