Suhr :: View topic - CUSTOM ORDERS FROM THE UK

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

CUSTOM ORDERS FROM THE UK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
argyle1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: CUSTOM ORDERS FROM THE UK Reply with quote

HI

NEW MEMBER HERE, JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE FROM THE UK HAS HAD AN EXPERIENCE OF CUSTOM ORDERING A SUHR. I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD GIVE AN IDEA OF COST'S (SUBSTANTIALLY MORE THAN STD MODELS OR NOT) DELIVERY TIME ETC. ALSO WONDERING IF YOU DID GET A CUSTOM WAS IT VIA THE UK DISTRIBUTOR OR WITH THE WONDERS OF THE INTERNET DID YOU USE A US RETAILER.

CHEERS.
mike boardman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I custom ordered a Suhr in July/August, to answer your questions -

Costs - print off the Suhr price list and convert to s, that's pretty much what you can expect to pay. In terms of comparisons with standard models well remember every 'standard' is a custom order anyway from the dealer so if you specced exactly the same instrument I'd expect you'd pay pretty much the same. Obviously it's different if you compare with the pro-series which could be around half the price of your custom order.

Delivery time - still waiting for mine! I guess it could be 4 or 5 months. I don't think this is too bad for a custom specced instrument - I've heard people waiting over 7 months for their Ernie Ball JP which essentially is just colour/inlay options!

UK retailer or US? - if you're going to get a custom I'd go UK all the time. The staff at Sounds Great, nr Manchester Airport, are excellent and very fair with their pricing. You cannot really underestimate the one-one contact when you're doing something like this. Especially if you're talking about custom colours or you like a specific type of maple. Remember you'll pay at least 23% customs duties if you bring it in from the US anyway.

Amps
Soldano SLO, Mesa Lonestar Special
pcollister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: UK ordering, left handed too Reply with quote

Smile I ordered my chambered classic from Sounds Great in September. Being left handed is a real chore as you can't really try anything out, but Rick was great demoing stuff with the patience of a saint. Two trips later and lots of neck squeezing and e-mails, and it's a soft vee. I would never ever have thought of that carve. I had always thought the problem with the PRS/Les Pauls etc was the depth, not the shoulders of the neck. WRONG!!

I've wrestled with a PRS wide/fat custom22 for 18 months and not got used to it, so sold it and ordered the Suhr. Just great to actually have a choice for a change rather than either a sunburst strat of a heritage cherry Les Paul. Every left hander should consider a custom guitar rather than having to take what there is.

Should be here sometime in January, can't wait.
________
AutoAlliance Thailand

Last edited by pcollister on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alistair

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, missed this completely. I ordered my carve top custom in August and should, hopefully, be here soon. Christmas and NAMM seem to have extended the date but I have patience. As for cost, Sounds Great and my dealer, GuitarGuitar in Edinburgh, have been very competitive. Maybe not as much as a US direct order, but my carve top is a pretty expensive spec (quilt maple on alder, pao ferro on maple neck, quilt headstock, abalone logo and dots, HSH, Floyd, custom wiring) and it's come in at around 2500. I had ordered an EBMM BFR Luke prior to that but cancelled the order for other reasons,and that was going to cost the same, despite being a normal production model with a nicer finish, and going to take the same length of time. I'm more than happy with the pricing in the UK to be honest, given exactly what you get and just how much freedom you have in the spec. Pretty darned amazing if you ask me! I thought it would cost far more in all honesty.
KarlYost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best selling product in these days. I have read the darwinessay review about this suhr. I really like to buy this suhr.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: