Suhr :: View topic - Bella + Reactive Load IR

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Bella + Reactive Load IR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PBSON

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:04 am    Post subject: Bella + Reactive Load IR Reply with quote

Hi,

newly happy owner of a Bella combo and a Reactive Load IR.

For now hooked up in my home studio for silent recording, sounds amazingly good.

Have som questions about connections and speaker out.

1. Must I connect the RL IR to the same output jack as the internal speaker? Or can I - after unplugging the internal speaker - just use one of the speaker outs on the back-panel for the RL IR (instead of reaching in and up to the bottom of the chassi)

2. Same question as above really, but for when I want to use the internal speaker also (for Live gig); is it important to use the same speaker out as the internal speaker, when using thru on the RL IR?

3. Any benefit/or danger (Live) from connecting the internal speaker + RL in parallell? On different speaker outs? Guess the volume goes down a bit from semi two-cab operation? + if this is ok, how should I connect best, and put the switch on what Ohm?

Hopefully clear questions? I'm from Sweden Smile

Cheers / Peter
PBSON

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my questions answered via the excellent and very fast support:

1: It is not necessary to use the output jack on the "underside" of the amp to connect the internal combo speaker to the amp. You could use any of the other speaker outputs as they are all wired in parallel (set the impedance selector to 8 Ohm).

2. See above (just set the impedance selector to 8 Ohm)

3. If you chose to leave the internal speaker connected to the "underside" jack and also connect the reactive load to another speaker output, you would need to set the amplifier's impedance selector to 4 ohms. The reactive Load and speaker would be in parallel and the power output of the amp would effectively be halved. Not that it would sound half as loud, but it would supply half power to the internal speaker. That's ok and might be desirable.
Eclipse, Dual Boost, Koji Comp, Rufus Reloaded, Buffer
Suhr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the trick of a silent load along with the Bella half power you would essentially be using a 10W amp that sounds great at lower volumes.

PBSON wrote:
Got my questions answered via the excellent and very fast support:

1: It is not necessary to use the output jack on the "underside" of the amp to connect the internal combo speaker to the amp. You could use any of the other speaker outputs as they are all wired in parallel (set the impedance selector to 8 Ohm).

2. See above (just set the impedance selector to 8 Ohm)

3. If you chose to leave the internal speaker connected to the "underside" jack and also connect the reactive load to another speaker output, you would need to set the amplifier's impedance selector to 4 ohms. The reactive Load and speaker would be in parallel and the power output of the amp would effectively be halved. Not that it would sound half as loud, but it would supply half power to the internal speaker. That's ok and might be desirable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: