Suhr :: View topic - Reactive Load IR in use

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Reactive Load IR in use

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reactive Load IR in use Reply with quote

Greetings, I picked up a RL IR.

I tracked through both the Filtered and Non Filtered outputs through Apollo, in UA console I had identical channel settings.

After recording in Cubase the playback sounded phasey, I'd been trying tons of different IRs from Ownhammer on the non filtered track until I finally gave up...and decided to cut to the transients on the audio tracks.

so my findings are

The 2 tracks are off by a few samples, so that's explaining my poor results.

I have been reading a lot of this unit and have never read anything like this.
Can someone tell me, is this normal. That the 2 tracks after recorded together will need to be locked to transients manually after recording?
Suhr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Reactive Load IR in use Reply with quote

Yes they would be 1.2ms apart and will have comb filtering.
This is easy to realign in the DAW.
This is normal, one out is digital with the IR and the other not.
This is common whenever you mix analog and DAC.

Here is a cut an paste discussion with Pete Thorn about this from TGP.

Contact
sinasl1
corbetta said: ↑
It’s in the manual, under specs.

Couldn’t you do what you hope to achieve by tracking the unfiltered out only and then copying that track to however many IRs you want to apply? That way you are not “printing” the I.R. from the Suhr as you track.
Ya that's what I'd do. No reason to record the filtered out if you are going to go through the trouble of recording the unfiltered out and use IR"s in a daw anyway- if you like one of the IR's loaded in the RL, and you'd like to use it AND blend it with others, just copy it onto your computer and and load it into an IR loader and blend it with others in the DAW. In MIX IR2 you can blend as many as you like- now keep in mind, they might not be phase aligned, the IR's themselves can differ, for example Celestion and Ownhammer, when blending you'll get phase weirdness-I've never tried time aligning IR's from different companies, as I never wanted to go through the trouble of aligning them. But the Suhr ones will line up with all others from Celestion.

PM wrote:
Greetings, I picked up a RL IR.

I tracked through both the Filtered and Non Filtered outputs through Apollo, in UA console I had identical channel settings.

After recording in Cubase the playback sounded phasey, I'd been trying tons of different IRs from Ownhammer on the non filtered track until I finally gave up...and decided to cut to the transients on the audio tracks.

so my findings are

The 2 tracks are off by a few samples, so that's explaining my poor results.

I have been reading a lot of this unit and have never read anything like this.
Can someone tell me, is this normal. That the 2 tracks after recorded together will need to be locked to transients manually after recording?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Amp Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: