Suhr :: View topic - Suhr Plectrum Spec. Inconsistency?

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Suhr Plectrum Spec. Inconsistency?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH335iCC

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: Suhr Plectrum Spec. Inconsistency? Reply with quote

Recently Suhr released a new product in China: Suhr Picks made by galalith. If you have no idea of what galalith pick is, just search this term or "milk stone", you'll see Guthrie Govan had been using this for years, and it's fantastic.

As a big fan of Suhr in China, I felt such an honor to be able to buy this pick ahead of many guitar players in other countries. (I heard this pick is currently for Chinese market only)

And I bought 2 pieces. They plays like a dream, especially the thinner one. And here comes my question: I thought the picks are all made to one specification, i.e. the "Heavy" spec. that with a thickness of 1.5mm. However these 2 I received had quite big difference in thickness.

Here comes the measurement result:
No.1 This is by far the best pick I've ever played, it's perfect in every way. The Thickness is 1.32mm.

No.2 This one plays fine, but maybe too thick for me, when measured it shows a thickness of 1.58mm.

I don't know if this is normal or one of them is out of spec. But I think Suhr products are famous for its accuracy and quality/Spec. consistency. I am kind of confused when I received these 2 pieces and realized when playing, they felt and sounded so different. These picks are each sealed in a tiny envelope, which mean you can't try them before buying, so I think it'd be better if they all made to one spec.

P.S. I don't know if anyone outside China had tried this before, but this pick had become a hot topic among many Chinese players, and the feedback are very positive, most people loved this pick so much, congratulations, Suhr! You have done another great job, as always. [/img]
Suhr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Suhr Plectrum Spec. Inconsistency? Reply with quote

This is a very thick pick and the difference you are talking about is less than your high E string. These are not machine made but hand made and buffed by hand, there will be variance. Thanks
KH335iCC wrote:
Recently Suhr released a new product in China: Suhr Picks made by galalith. If you have no idea of what galalith pick is, just search this term or "milk stone", you'll see Guthrie Govan had been using this for years, and it's fantastic.

As a big fan of Suhr in China, I felt such an honor to be able to buy this pick ahead of many guitar players in other countries. (I heard this pick is currently for Chinese market only)

And I bought 2 pieces. They plays like a dream, especially the thinner one. And here comes my question: I thought the picks are all made to one specification, i.e. the "Heavy" spec. that with a thickness of 1.5mm. However these 2 I received had quite big difference in thickness.

Here comes the measurement result:
No.1 This is by far the best pick I've ever played, it's perfect in every way. The Thickness is 1.32mm.

No.2 This one plays fine, but maybe too thick for me, when measured it shows a thickness of 1.58mm.

I don't know if this is normal or one of them is out of spec. But I think Suhr products are famous for its accuracy and quality/Spec. consistency. I am kind of confused when I received these 2 pieces and realized when playing, they felt and sounded so different. These picks are each sealed in a tiny envelope, which mean you can't try them before buying, so I think it'd be better if they all made to one spec.

P.S. I don't know if anyone outside China had tried this before, but this pick had become a hot topic among many Chinese players, and the feedback are very positive, most people loved this pick so much, congratulations, Suhr! You have done another great job, as always. [/img]
Matthew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When can we get them in the US? Is Suhr actually making these or do you have a deal with Red Bear or something like that? I love Red Bear picks.
Adambomb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew wrote:
When can we get them in the US? Is Suhr actually making these or do you have a deal with Red Bear or something like that? I love Red Bear picks.

Man would like to know also how to get these.
http://www.myspace.com/nilesflow
http://www.myspace.com/adam614ce
Suhr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew wrote:
No they were made in house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: