Suhr :: View topic - Maintenance for Oil Finish Pau Ferro Neck

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Maintenance for Oil Finish Pau Ferro Neck

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boogaloo83

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Maintenance for Oil Finish Pau Ferro Neck Reply with quote

Hey Guys, first post here but I've been lurking around. I recently got a Suhr Classic T custom, that has a Pau Ferro Neck with a oil finish. I was just wondering what type of maintenance is required? I've never owned a oil finished neck before. Sorry if this has been answered, I typed it in search but couldn't find anything. Thanks for the help!
kalio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clean mine all with lemon oil and than when dry some Howard Feed-N-Wax on the back.
boogaloo83

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I actually contacted Suhr directly and they told me to use the stewmac stuff called colortone fretboard finish oil. But I'll definitely look into your methods as well. How long have you owned your oil finished pau ferro necks? Do you play them often? Hows the wear on them? This is my first oil finished neck and I'm loving it! I think my next order will be another oil finished pau ferro neck. Have you tried cocobolo?
55tele

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Pau Ferro Neck Reply with quote

I've got a Classic T with a Pau Ferro Neck and Fingerboard that is about 8 years old. I've never oiled the neck or done anything to it. The wood is naturally oily and my neck is very, very smooth on the back...Don't see any need to apply anything........
Suhr

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogaloo83 wrote:
Thanks! I actually contacted Suhr directly and they told me to use the stewmac stuff called colortone fretboard finish oil. But I'll definitely look into your methods as well. How long have you owned your oil finished pau ferro necks? Do you play them often? Hows the wear on them? This is my first oil finished neck and I'm loving it! I think my next order will be another oil finished pau ferro neck. Have you tried cocobolo?

I never did much to my personal Pau Ferro necks, love Pau Ferro. Cocobolo is a very different tone and can be heavy if you are used to Pau Ferro.
Maybe once a year I would clean my neck with a very small amount of lemon oil and then oil it with fingerboard oil. It requires very little maintenance.
ATLMikeyD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject: Music Nomad F-One Reply with quote

I've been using the Music Nomad oil on my rosewood boards and acoustic bridges for a while and it works very well on dried out wood. I don't have any experience with Pau Ferro, but I can't imagine that it would be a different effect.

I also hear good things about StewMac's oil.

I'd hit Suhr's customer service email just to make sure it doesn't affect warranty (I can't imagine that it would but you never know....)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: