Suhr :: View topic - Which Suhr guitar can you recommend to me?

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Which Suhr guitar can you recommend to me?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject: Which Suhr guitar can you recommend to me? Reply with quote

Hi
I'm intresting for lightweight Suhr guitar,hss,gotoh 510 tremolo,maple neck 22 fret ( about .840" (1st fret) to .920" (13th fret)) and weight under 3.5kg (about 7lbs (3.2kg.) )
Which guitar can you recommend to me?
Thank you
DaeniusZ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard to know the exact weight of the guitar without weighing it in person. Wood density can vary.

Maybe the Classic S?

Otherwise you can order custom
Brad1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My swamp ash Alt T Pro is very light, but it doesn't have the trem you're seeking. They don't make the Alt T Pro anymore, but I believe their still making the Alt T.
ATLMikeyD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving my new Classic Antique S. I'm not much of a trem guy as I'm still getting used to the guitar after playing Gibsons with Nashville bridges for the past 20 years.

OP: What have you played in terms of Suhrs and what were your impressions?
Organic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The classic S is close, but the they are usually right around 8 pounds, so it will be difficult to find one that light.
qwe200

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The satin moderns run in the 6 to 7 lbs range. Custom order a standard with African mahogany body and maple neck. Should be close to 7lbs.
ATLMikeyD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qwe200 wrote:
The satin moderns run in the 6 to 7 lbs range. Custom order a standard with African mahogany body and maple neck. Should be close to 7lbs.

I used to be a thin neck fan back in the day and loved Jackson/Charvel compound radius necks from the San Dimas/Ft. Worth era. I guess I got some Gibsons in the 90's and started gravitating toward thicker necks as I started playing Les Pauls and SGs (I know, I have weird one with a thick neck as opposed to a Slim Taper).

I played a Modern Satin with an Okume (sp?) body and mahogany neck at my dealer this past weekend. The neck is definitely different than the Classic S with its changing profile on the back. Very, very fast but thinner. The pickups absolutely ripped through a PRS MT15 head/2x12 cabinet with clarity and warmth. But for some reason, my hands like the Classic's neck profile better. It's just personal.

The Classic Antique S neck is super comfortable and has enough meat on it for my tastes. I also played a Custom Shop Strat (early 60's relic?) and it had a noticeably thinner neck. I liked the Suhr better and I bought it. No regrets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: