Joined: 23 Dec 2019
|Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:51 pm Post subject: What are your favorite HSH switching options?
|I have a Thornbucker neck, V60 middle, and Thornbucker + going into a one off custom T style guitar. The guitar will have a 5 way Super Switch, 1 volume, and 1 Tone. Having never owned an HSH guitar I'd like to know what your favorite switching combinations are.
My current thought is to add a push pull to achieve the following tones:
- Neck Full (Neck Outer Coil)
- Neck Outer Coil + Middle (Neck Outer Coil + Middle + Bridge Inner Coil)
- Neck Full + Bridge Full (Neck Outer Coil + Bridge Outer Coil)
- Bridge Inner Coil + Middle (Middle)
- Bridge Full (Bridge Outer Coil)
I believe all positions are hum canceling except for the neck and bridge splits. As such, and if possible, it might be better for those positions to be series/parallel.
Let me know what you think about switching above, but more importantly please let me know what your favorite switching is. Thank you for your time and insight, both are greatly appreciated.