Suhr :: View topic - Finally picked up a Classic S!

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Finally picked up a Classic S!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StratAbuser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Finally picked up a Classic S! Reply with quote

I should have gotten a Suhr guitar a long time ago. I knew Suhr was high quality the minute I received my CAA PT100 years ago, but after watching reviews about the guitars, I figured it was mostly hype.

I received my guitar last week and it's flawless. Everything on it surpassed what I was expecting (I now have another on the way), from the tuners to the tremolo system. My delay in getting one years ago was that I didn't think they could stay in tune as well as others claimed. Well, I banged on it and couldn't throw it out of tune. I thought that I'd be changing the pickups on it later, but the V60s are excellent pickups. The last thing I found incredible was how low the action was without it buzzing. I played it right out of the bag without plugging it in and I thought, crap I have to do a setup on it, it's too low. It plays perfect, it sounds perfect and feels great. I've been up at 0400-0500hrs daily to play it and even called in sick to work to play it, something I never do because I love my job. I get paid very well to destroy things. Twisted Evil

Good job people at Suhr, I respect companies that deliver high quality products and products that make me feel good to own. After a week, I still can't believe how killer the Classic S is. Fender Original 60s are $2000 and the Classic S is much higher quality and first guitar I've owned that I don't have to change anything on.

..But there is one thing bad about it. Stainless steel frets smell like sardines, the second SS fret guitar I own and they stink. That's it, but I don't care, it can smell like fish..but it plays like chicken. Or something like that!
Drew7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I have a couple guitars with stainless frets, and I've never noticed anything at all unusual about their smell. You have a very particular and sensitive nose!
StratAbuser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For months on my Strat with SS frets, I thought it was the polish the luthier used to clean it, but then I cleaned it 4 times and the smell was still there. I then figured the only thing different was the frets and forgot about it until again, I smelled the same sardines smell on the Suhr with the SS frets. I pointed it out to a couple of people and it took them a few smells to notice it. Sniff yours a few times see if you smell something different..like $10 downtown hooker...
chrisblaze

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this as well! Definitely the only downside to this guitar, which I hope will eventually subside.
Organic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: strange smell Reply with quote

Metals do not have smells to them. What you are smelling is the reaction of the metals with the oils from your hands. I bet it you wash your hands before playing the guitars (assuming that you haven't been doing this already) then the smell would be greatly reduced or even eliminated.
StratAbuser

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: strange smell Reply with quote

Organic wrote:
Metals do not have smells to them. What you are smelling is the reaction of the metals with the oils from your hands. I bet it you wash your hands before playing the guitars (assuming that you haven't been doing this already) then the smell would be greatly reduced or even eliminated.

Science classes also tell you there's such thing as evolution but yet zero proof. Evrything that has so called "evolved" has stayed the same thing, birds, bacteria, etc etc. They could say metals have no smell all they want, I''ll let you buy into that. It smelled very bad when it came out of the case without me even fretting anything, it smells the same after my regular 10 times hand washing I do during the day (I reload a couple times a day and hate having to waste primers by contaminating them), when I wake up and pick it up and when I pick up other SS fret guitars. I frequently have cuts form dry skin on my hands due to how many times I wash them and since I hate having oily hands, I don't use lotions. The frets stink period!
Drew7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: strange smell Reply with quote

StratAbuser wrote:
Organic wrote:

Science classes also tell you there's such thing as evolution but yet zero proof. Evrything that has so called "evolved" has stayed the same thing, birds, bacteria, etc etc. They could say metals have no smell all they want, I''ll let you buy into that. It smelled very bad when it came out of the case without me even fretting anything, it smells the same after my regular 10 times hand washing I do during the day (I reload a couple times a day and hate having to waste primers by contaminating them), when I wake up and pick it up and when I pick up other SS fret guitars. I frequently have cuts form dry skin on my hands due to how many times I wash them and since I hate having oily hands, I don't use lotions. The frets stink period!

Weird tangent, but let's just leave it as this is probably not the venue to discuss the scientific evidence in support of the theory of evolution. Smile
Vale

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try with the lemon essence or with vanish "tatata tatata taaaaa"

ok, sorry friend, it was irresistible.

peace Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: