Suhr :: View topic - Is Suhr moving away from roasted necks?

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Is Suhr moving away from roasted necks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tWreCK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: Is Suhr moving away from roasted necks? Reply with quote

I've read rumours on various forums that many guitar manufacturers (including Suhr) are moving away from roasted necks (except figured necks) due to stability/longevity issues (cracking etc). Is it still possible to order roasted necks on custom orders?

What about body woods?
ATLMikeyD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that roasted necks were superior due to having very little moisture and less tendency to react to atmospheric changes compared to non-roasted wood. I've not heard anyone complain about them or rumors of discontinuation from any manufacturer.

I imagine that the wood is roasted before receipt at a manufacturer, then cut to spec. Perhaps the demand, demonstrated market behavior due to cost impact to customers and TTD for end product may limit what is offered.
Drew7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I've heard of this as well - if anything I've seen MORE roasted maple in use in the last few years, for it's far greater stability.

I've had a Suhr Modern 7 with a roasted Birdseye neck since mid-2013, and have had zero issues with the neck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: