Suhr :: View topic - Introduction

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ† †SearchSearch† †MemberlistMemberlist† †UsergroupsUsergroups† †RegisterRegister

Introduction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jep1210

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm John and I just got my first Suhr, a Standard Plus in Bahama Blue. I've been wanting a Suhr for a few years now, but had a tough time finding a dealer in Northern New Jersey that carried any to try out. I was turned on to a place about a half hour away from me (not sure if I can name names here) and instantly clicked with this Bahama Blue beauty they had. There were two Standard Pluses, this one and a Trans Honey Amber Burst that I liked the looks of a little better but the blue one played outstandingly IMO, so.... I wasn't really in the market for a new guitar and this was on the outer fringes of my price range but it played so nice I had to make it happen....hell I didn't need that kidney anyway LOL Razz J/K

One thing I did have a question on, it didn't come with a manual and I didn't see one on the web site, what are the pickup configurations with the different switch positions? There are 5 positions, and I assume position #2, with #1 being the bridge PU, is the bridge and middle PU, but is the bridge then split to a single? Also the tone knob is a push pull I assume its to split the bridge (humbucker) into a single coil or is it a phase switch, there's really not a huge difference in tone with it pushed in or out, just enough of a change to be slightly different.

And lastly (I hope all these questions are ok) is there anything special to using the locking tuners? Or is it simply loosen the thumb screw and slide the string out/in. I think I read there's a height adjustment with Suhr's tuners too???

Here's a picture of my new crush.
DaeniusZ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow congratulations and happy NGD. You can name dealers here as far as I know. I think most dealers appreciate it if you think you got good service there.

Beautiful Standard Plus you have there!

I wish I could answer your questions but it looks like they've changed things up quite a bit for the Standard Plus vs my Standard Pro (and that's good! you've got more features and a better deal)

You should probably contact customer service for all that
digitalkettle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

The push/pull is most likely a coil split...if itís affecting pos 2, you should hear a subtle change...if itís not affecting pos 2, Iíd say itís already split (you can try tapping pole pieces to see whatís in-play).

Couldnít find a description anywhere...would be interested to see. A friend got an Alt T recently and that had some nice switching options that werenít obvious to me.

When restringing, just loosen the thumbscrew...pull the string through (i like to keep some tension on the string at this point)...then tighten...thatís it! Never heard of tuner height adjustment.
jep1210

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

digitalkettle wrote:
Nice!

The push/pull is most likely a coil split...if itís affecting pos 2, you should hear a subtle change...if itís not affecting pos 2, Iíd say itís already split (you can try tapping pole pieces to see whatís in-play).

Good point, I didn't think of that.

Thanks for the replies fellas.
jep1210

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and the store I got it from was Golden Age Fretted instruments in Westfield NJ
Drew7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking guitar!
jep1210

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew7 wrote:
Great looking guitar!

Thank you sir.
ubo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful guitar- that finish / roasted maple combo is sweet Very Happy
jep1210

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ubo wrote:
Beautiful guitar- that finish / roasted maple combo is sweet Very Happy

Thanks ubo, its looks are only rivaled by the way it plays.
GitarDude

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning! Love the maple neck with the cool blue finish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: