Suhr :: View topic - String gauge

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

String gauge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GitarDude

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: String gauge Reply with quote

So simple question, maybe not as simple to answer

My modern was factory set up with 10-46 gauges but I was interested in trying out a balanced set of .10/.135/.17/.26/.38/.48

Should I have any trepidation that these slightly thicker gauges would pinch? I have no real interest is screwing with the nut at all so just throwing the idea out there. Thanks!
cs@suhr.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may or may not have to have the nut slots tweaked. Sorry, there's not a clear answer here. In this example, the difference in string gauge is really small, so you may be okay. You would need to string the guitar up with the new string gauge and check. You should be able to lift the strings straight up and out of the nut slot with no binding or resistance. If you find there is some pinching when doing the string-lift test, the nut slots would need to be opened up a bit.

We hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: