Suhr :: View topic - EMG pickups question

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

EMG pickups question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitardave

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:35 am    Post subject: EMG pickups question Reply with quote

I was fortunate enough to play one of the new Suhr Standard Legacy models yesterday (brilliant guitar!), and it got me thinking about the EMG’s for a custom Suhr I’m planning to order next year.

For a typical Strat “position 2” type of sound when both the middle and bridge pickups are selected, what would be the best option when using SA single coils? :-

1) 85 in the bridge with the “MK mod”, which apparently lowered the output and bass of the 85 when selected with the middle SA
2) 89 in the bridge, which in single coil mode apparently sounds similar to a SA
3) 89R in the bridge which is same as above, but with the single coil neck side rather than bridge side.

As an extra question, are the EMG X series worth a look? According to the EMG website, they “bridge the gap between active and passive pickups”.

Any help or opinions greatly appreciated! Thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: