Suhr :: View topic - if I buy a guitar with a VG300...

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

if I buy a guitar with a VG300...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
budda_man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: if I buy a guitar with a VG300... Reply with quote

... what happens if something happens to it (the bridge)?

I'm looking at a used guitar with that bridge... which is no loger in production, right? Well, I was going to rule out buying the guitar because of the bridge but I thought I would ask here about it first.

IIRC, I can't replace the bridge with a different one, so what if I need parts? Am I screwed?

I'd appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks
Jay
stratman89

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

budda_man, my Pro S1 came with the VG300 and I switched it with a Gotoh 510 which John Suhr said is the like the 1055 on your beautiful Sea Foam green Pro S2. The 510 will fit on the existing posts. I personally love the change.
[/img]
budda_man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Thank you stratman89. That's just what I needed to hear.
lewkay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using hardtails atm but I like the vg300 trem alot,I prefer it to the 2 point on my F**der
ChazMania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the VG300 the same as the VS50V used on many Tylers? I seem to recall that the bridge started as a VS50V and then at some point the model # changed, but I could be way off. I love the VS50V and I wonder how much it is like or different to the VG300?
BRUNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VG300 isn't used anymore by Suhr but it doesn't mean you cannot buy it anymore Cool
Ed Yoon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really like the 510TS-FE1. We will offer this as an option now on our Custom guitars over the 1055, 1088 and the Wilkinson vintage 6-screw. The 510 can be had with the normal two-post and solid saddles or same with the bent vintage saddles (a la 1088) or with the 6-screw bridge and the bent vintage saddles. John really likes the sound of these bridges.

Although we've removed the VG300 from our price list, we will still build a guitar with the VG300 if a customer insists on it. We've just had to put too much work into 'em over the years - mainly grinding the saddle grooves to make sure there is no rattle. We were putting in half-hour or more to each bridge and it didn't make sense for us to do that. We'll still put that work into it if you really want the VG300. Wink
Darko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Yoon wrote:
We really like the 510TS-FE1. We will offer this as an option now on our Custom guitars over the 1055, 1088 and the Wilkinson vintage 6-screw. The 510 can be had with the normal two-post and solid saddles or same with the bent vintage saddles (a la 1088) or with the 6-screw bridge and the bent vintage saddles. John really likes the sound of these bridges.

Although we've removed the VG300 from our price list, we will still build a guitar with the VG300 if a customer insists on it. We've just had to put too much work into 'em over the years - mainly grinding the saddle grooves to make sure there is no rattle. We were putting in half-hour or more to each bridge and it didn't make sense for us to do that. We'll still put that work into it if you really want the VG300. Wink

Do you add a steel block to the 510TS-FE1? If so, could you PEASE tell me how to get one for my bridge? Can I buy the block from you?

Thanks a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Suhr Guitar Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: