Suhr :: View topic - Callaham Vintage S Model Bridge & N/B pickups issues

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

Callaham Vintage S Model Bridge & N/B pickups issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
exit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Callaham Vintage S Model Bridge & N/B pickups issues Reply with quote

I intend to order Custom Classic - SSC and have two questions.

First, I wonder is it possible to get Callaham Vintage S Model Bridge instead of Gotoh or Wilkinson? Far from claiming these are not good enough, but I heard from few sides that Callaham Vintage S Model Bridge keeps the intonation better and the guitar would stay in tune for longer. I read several articles too and seems that people are pretty satisfied with this bridge. I would appreciate if someone can tell me more.

Second issue is regarding possible adding a push/pull volume pot to allow additional combination of the neck and bridge pickups together. Will it be possible and will this complicate SSC in some way?

Thanks for great help!
BRUNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Sure John will built a guitar with this bridge..the push pull is no problem
exit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bruno.

Since I haven't got any response from the forum I decided to contact John and thus slowdown the production. Now I know why I've been waiting for 5 months to get my T.

I've been told that this would be possible as long as the Callaham is the same as Fender's Vintage bridge.
But, I've also been informed that they have their new 6 Screw bridge (made by Gotoh).
Unfortunately, they didn't have time to show it on the site. Hope someone could post some photo or description. I'm very curious how it works/looks.

Regarding my second issue, Ed said they can add the push-push pot on the second tone knob position to add the neck pickup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: