Suhr :: View topic - Wiring Thornbuckers in a PRS CE24 with 5-way Rotary

Suhr Forum Index

Suhr
The Official Suhr Forum

www.Suhr.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Wiring Thornbuckers in a PRS CE24 with 5-way Rotary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Wiring Thornbuckers in a PRS CE24 with 5-way Rotary Reply with quote

I have a CE24 with the 5-way rotary knob. I want to replace the factory P/U's with Suhr Thornbuckers. The Thornbucker p/u's are found on the Suhr PT Signature guitar, which utilizes a 5-way blade switch. Is it safe to assume the 5-way rotary knob on my PRS will function the same way the the Suhr 5-way blade? Thanks for any insight.
DaeniusZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switches and rotary knobs and how they're wired differ greatly from brand to brand.

What you should do to be safe is try to find a wiring diagram either online or by contacting PRS customer service to get a wiring diagram for your guitar. After you've done that, figure out which color wire to solder to which lug on your PRS. This is EXTREMELY important because every brand has different wire color codes! For example, red wire for Dimarzio is NOT the same as red wire for Duncan.

If you're taking this to a good repair shop to get it done, you can usually safely assume they can figure all this out for you as they do this on a regular basis. Just give them the guitar and the pickup, tell them to just replace the stock ones with the new ones, wait some time and there you go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Suhr Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: